Do you think to put in Microsoft Windows 10 on your system because of a system crash, drive replacement? The OS Recovery Tool can assist you to transfer a custom recovery image of Microsoft Windows that was preinstalled on your laptop or desktop. Follow the steps below to transfer the utility, produce a USB recovery media and put in Microsoft Windows on your laptop or desktop.
What you’ll want:
- Service Tag of the desktop or laptop on that you wish to put in Microsoft Windows operating system
- Download and install Dell OS Recovery Tool (runs in Microsoft Windows only)
- Blank USB flash drive with a minimum of 8GB of free area
- Net Framework 4. 5.2 or higher
- Administrator user rights and a minimum of 8GB of accessible space for storing to transfer the ISO recovery image.
Creating the USB recovery media
Dell OS Recovery Tool helps you produce a USB recovery media that contains the customized recovery image for your Dell PC. The required steps are
- After downloading, Double-click to open the Dell OS Recovery Tool icon on the screen.
- Click get started and click next
- Select the device type.
- You can see the required Windows 10 or 7 image for your system and click on download, after completing the download click next.
- Then connect a USB flash drive with minimum 8gb of free space.
- Select the device and click on Burn Os.
- The tool will begin creating recovery media.
- Once the method is complete, you’ll see an outline screen with instructions for how to use the recovery drive to install the Windows OS using USB recovery drive.
Installing window 7 or Windows 10
- Connect the USB drive to the system wherever you would like to put in Microsoft Windows 10 or 7.
- Restart the system and once the Dell sign appears in the screen, press F12 key till you do not see the boot menu within the top-right corner of the screen.
- On the boot menu, below UEFI boot, choose your USB drive and press Enter.
- When Windows Setup appears, choose your preferences.
- On the Windows Installation window, click Install currently.
- Review the license agreement, and choose I agree with the terms and conditions of the license.
- On the kind of installation does one want? select Custom (advanced).
- Now select the Primary Partition where you want to install the Windows 10, then click Next.
Windows Setup mechanically creates the new Windows partition, formats it, and so begins putting in Windows. The installation method can take your time and your system could restart many times.
If you have got the Windows 10 OS version, it’ll not permit the transfer or use of Dell OS Recovery Tool on a system running Microsoft Windows 10 OS. To create windows 10 OS Recovery Media from a Dell OS recovery tool choose “Other Device” from the “Select Device to recover” screen.