WhatsApp is used a lot for both personal and professional requirements by people, as it happens to be one of the most popular social media apps out there. But do you know that you can hide the blue tick feature from your WhatsApp chats? If not, then just follow this simple tutorial and get it done.
- Launch WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Now, open ‘Settings’ by clicking on the three-dot menu present on the top right side.
- Click on ‘Account’.
- Next click on ‘Privacy’.
- After that turn off the ‘Read receipts’ option by tapping on the toggle button…
- Therefore, your blue tick feature is now hidden.
What is WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is a social media app and it lets you share text messages, voice and video calls, pictures, gifs, videos, and much more with your contacts.
What happens if my blue tick feature is turned off?
If your bluetick feature is turned off, then the sender will not be able to know whether you have read his/her chat or viewed his/her media stuff.
Is this feature also applicable to group chats?
No, this feature is limited only to individual chats.
Is this a paid process?
No, it is absolutely free.
How to turn the blue tick on once I have turned it off?
It is quite simple, just follow the following steps:
- Open ‘WhatsApp’ on your device.
- Launch the Settings.
- Open the ‘Privacy’ tab.
- Now, just click on the ‘Read receipts’ option.
- Your blue tick feature is now back again.