Google almost dominated the world of search engine whether it a smartphone, Windows 10, 7 & 8, iPhone/iPad (iOS) or Macbook; you will find most the people are using the Google search engine as their default. However, most of the time different browsers set their own default homepage like Bing in Internet Explorer or some other. If you are a fond of Google then you can set its search engine as your default homepage on any browser, but here in this article are particularly going to talk about how to set homepage in Google Chrome as your default, no matter which operating system you are using it can be Linux, Windows 10, 8,7 or Mac.
- Go to your computer and run the Google Chrome.
- On the top right side, you will find a vertical three dot icon ().
- Click on that icon.
- The Google Chrome menu will pop-up and select the settings option.
- Scroll down and find the Section called “Appearance“.
- Now click on the toggle button given at the front of the Show Home button option.
- Click on link section given under New Tab page.
- Now type www.google.com in it.
- And you are done! Your default homepage is now set to Google.
- You can even change the address with some other search engine or webpage if you want that to be your default homepage on Google Chrome.
How to set the startup page in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the right side three dots.
- Select the Settings.
- Under the settings find out the On Startup section.
- Now here you will see three options:
- Open the New Tab page
- Continue where you left off
- Open a specific page or set of pages
- If you want to chrome to start New Tab automatically then select the first one. For to start with a page you left on chrome, choose the Continue where you left off option and finally if you want to set your own custom page then select the last option Open a Specific page or set of pages.
- For specific page option click on the Add a new page.
- Enter the web address of the page you want to see when you open Chrome.
- In this way, you can enter the multiple pages to start when chrome opens.
You might also like to know about:
- How to set google as default search engine on chrome
- How to make google default search engine internet explorer 11
- How to reset Chrome browser Settings in Android Phones