The feature is not unknown to the users of Instagram or Snapchat and you can easily figure out the function of this feature by the name View Once even for WhatsApp.
Before the introduction of this feature, we can only send permanent messages to our contact list on Whatsapp. If you send a video or photo to someone it might stay there forever. We send many photos or videos to other contacts through the app which are important or very personal. And you do not want to share them with any other person in the world.
What is WhatApp View Once Feature?
With the help of the WhatsApp View Once option now you can send any form of content which will be self-destructive after the receiver views it. That means he or she can see it only one time and after opening the message it will disappear forever from Whatsapp. So, you do not have to worry about any of those messages for staying forever within the app.
Key features and elements to know
- The feature is new to the Whatsapp world and you would get it by updating to the latest version of this app.
- The receiver would not be able to save, bookmark, forward or share the content you deliver using this option.
- The autosave feature of the app also would not be able to store any photo or video on any device.
- If any user does not open the View Once message in 14 days period of time which will start from the sending date of such message then it will delete itself. The recipient cannot see it after that. It will be gone for good.
- But the main thing you should be concerned with is that the receiver can screenshot the message even if you send it using View Once. So be careful about sending any sensitive or confidential messages to any person.
- It is not known till now whether the sender would get any notification if someone screenshot any View Once
- You can use your Whatsapp camera to share any photo or video with View once that you do not need for the future. You just want to share it with a person then you can do this without saving the photo in your digital album.
- This type of message will also be protected with end-to-end encryption and maintain your privacy within the platform like any regular message.
- A “one-time” icon will appear when you receive this type of massage.
- After opening this message will appear in the chat history as “opened” for the future.
- The Web app, Desktop app, and in KaiOS the feature can be used to send content.
The users of Instagram and Snapchat are familiar with the “View Once” feature because it is available over there for the users. But if you want to use it in your Whatsapp account then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Get the latest version of Whatsapp by updating it.
- Use the same method you use while sending any photo or video you send like before.
- But just before you press the send button, you can see on the right side of your text bar to find the View Once or Timer icon. Use it to make it a View Once message.
The feature is new to the Whatsapp world and just starting to roll out for all the users. So, in case you do not get this service after updating, you will get it very soon.
How to install and use the same WhatsApp account on up to 4 smartphones
How to share media from Telegram to Whatsapp
How To Make WhatsApp Status Visible To selected Contacts
How To Use WhatsApp as a Personal Directory To Store Useful Stuff
Use WhatsApp with a new phone number
How to Enhance the Quality of Images that we upload on WhatsApp