We can show hidden files and folders on Windows 10, 8, or 7 using the options available on GUI File Explorer. However, those who are in a little bit hurry they can use a Keyboard shortcut to make the hidden files visible quickly, and also they can use the same key combination to hide the files and folders again.
Let’s see both the Keyboard shortcut and Graphically using Explorer…
Show or Hide Files & folder on Windows 10 using key shortcut
The below-given steps are applicable for older versions of Windows such as 8 or 7 as well.
- Open drive or file explorer on Windows 10
- Go to a place where your hidden files or folders located that you want to show up.
- Now, without closing the file explorer, press Alt +V – key shortcut combination. This shortcut will automatically select the View tab of the explorer.
- Once the View tab gets selected, press two times, H key. This will select two options- “File item extensions” and “Hidden item“.
- Therefore, if the files were hidden, the above keyboard shortcut will show them, and using the same will hide them as well.
In short, simply open File Explorer and press Alt + V and then two times H, H key. In the below-given screenshot, you can get an idea of how to use this shortcut.
Whereas, if you want to use the Graphical user interface, then simply
- Open File Explorer
- Click on the View tab given in the File Menu.
- Go to the Show/hide section.
- Select box of “Hidden item“
- If you want to also show the Files extensions, then you can select the “File name extensions” option as well.
- That’s it.