Ubuntu 21.04 Hirsute Hippo is the latest upcoming operating from Canonical while writing this tutorial. Here we will learn how to create a bootable USB drive of Ubuntu 21.04 on Linux, Windows, and macOS.
There are a couple of good tools available to flash USB drives and make them bootable for installing various kinds of operating systems. Such as Rufus, Etcher, Universal USB creator, Ubuntu Startup Disk creator, and more… You can see our full list of best bootable USB creators.
However, some of them only available for Windows while others are for Linux or macOS. Whereas Balena Etcher is the one that is not only cross-platform, which means it is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS but also offers good performance. It supports ISO and IMG image files. Here, we will use Balena Ethcer to create Ubuntu 21.04 bootable Pen drive.
Steps to create Ubuntu 21.04 Bootable Pen Drive
- Get the latest Ubuntu 21.04 ISO file from cdimage.ubuntu.com.
- Download and install Balena Etcher (link) on your system.
- The installation is pretty simple just download the setup from its official website and double click on the setup.
- Select the “Flash from file” option on Balena Etcher.
- Insert USB Drive that you want to make bootable for Ubuntu 21.04.
- Click on the “Select Target” button and choose the USB Drive.
- Finally, click on the Flash button and wait for few minutes.
- Once the process is completed. Safely Eject the USB drive
- Plug into the system where you want to install Ubuntu 21.04 and boot it with the USB drive.
Apart from it, you can also use Rufus if you are a Windows user. Moreover, the above-given method will work for other Linux operating systems as well to create their bootable Pen drive. However, make sure you don’t have any important data in your Flash drive, otherwise, the process will format and remove all of it.
- How to install Balena Etcher on Manjaro Linux?
- Create AlmaLinux 8 Bootable USB Drive
- Install WoeUSB on Debian 10 Buster
- Create bootable USB using Ubuntu 20.04’s in-built Startup Disk Creator tool