To make easy the classroom and meeting rooms interactions, the Barco has introduced a new wireless presentation technology solution WiCS-2100. It is meant for collaboration and discussion space and allows seamlessly sharing the information as said by the company.
The Barco are the professional manufacturer of visualization and networking solutions and the WiCS-2100 is the addition in their WePresent portfolio. The company also cleared that most of the other projection devices intermittently face issues like device incompatibility and projection equipment malfunction often cause frustration and disrupt the flow, resulting in a significant loss of productivity. But in WiCS-2100 such thing won’t be happened.
The WiCS-2100 is based cross-platform presentation gateway technology and is the first wePresent device with eco-standby capabilities.
WiCS-2100 Mirroring Technology
It provides a mirroring technology solution that supports two major players, those are Apple AirPlay and Google Chromecast, to extend HD broadcast streaming at up to 1080p resolution and 30 frames per second. Apart from them, you can also connect any other devices those are connected to a network and support the mirroring using the WePresetn MirrorOp software client such as smartphone, tablets, smart TVs and laptops. Actually, the wePresent WiCS-2100 comes as the base unit which needs to be connected some external output screen to see audio-visual content.
It also leverages the collaboration by providing various onboard interaction and collaboration tools, such as screen annotations and interactive whiteboards.
WiCS-2100 connectivity options
- The wireless presentation devices can use source feeds from up to 4 devices.
- Adapts multiple users presenting simultaneously by automatically configuring the content for optimal display across all connected devices.
- The WiCS-2100 comes with HDMI, USB, Wi-Fi, and LAN-based connectivity.
- It allows connecting up to 32 and 64 users via Wi-Fi and LAN respectively within a 30-meter range.
- The power-packed device also has a wireless transmission protocol for high-speed data transfer, which can be switched between 2.4 G (b/g/n) and 5G (a/n/ac).
- 4-digit access code, and enterprise-level encryption
- USB Guest Access allows guest presenters to connect by simply downloading an executable to directly connect to the presentation network without needing to install a software suite.
- The WiCS-2100 can additionally be used to obtain on-screen previews for up to 32 connected devices and can lock down presentations from any device to enable better moderation.
- WiCS-2100 comes with enhanced energy efficiency and can be optimally powered using an ethernet cable (besides an external power adaptor).
- Ability to connect 32 devices simultaneously, indirectly conserves power through its eco-standby mode.
- The WiCS-2100 automatically switches to power-saving mode when it is idle, using discreet power to maintain essential functions without compromising on its performance or reliability.
Speaking on the launch, Ramya Chatterjee, Director-Sales of Barco Electronic Systems Pvt. Ltd. said, “We live in the digital age, where seamless interconnectivity is critical for achieving meaningful and desired results. The wePresent WiCS-2100 is the perfect tool to help organizations with that objective.”
Disclaimer: The above all information and features claimed by the Barco only. We, “H2S Media” have not tested them, yet.