Nokia is not a new name for India, they always have a strong root here. So, to hold the India smartphone market more firmly, the HMD Global has recently announced a brand new Nokia 3.1 Android smartphone. The beauty of the Nokia 3.1 is it runs on the Android One to offer security, optimized performance, Google Assistant and timely updates. Also, the company mentioned in the press release that the phone is ready for Android P. Nokia 3.1 will receive three years of monthly security patches and two years of OS updates from launch, as guaranteed in the Android One programme.
The sale of the Nokia 3.1 in India starts from July 21st across the country at top mobile retailers including Paytm Mall and Nokia.com/phones.
Nokia 3.1 has 2.5D curved screen amalgamated with CNC’d aluminium sides. The front side of the phone boosted the 18:9 display of 5.2-inch in size and HD+ display in resolution. To resist the screen form any kind of damage the phone also has Corning Gorilla Glass, however, the version is still unkown and not mentioned in the public press release.
Under the metal hood of Nokia 3.1, it runs on the MediaTek 6750 SOC which is an Octa-core (4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.0 GHz Cortex-A53) chipset and Mali-T860MP2 GPU.
If you talk about the camera, it has a 13MP rear camera with auto focus and 8MP front.
The size of the battery is 2990 mAh.
Other specifications of Nokia 3.1 smartphone are Bluetooth 4.2, microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go, FM radio, NFC, Dual SIM (Nano-SIM); Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass sensors.
The Nokia 3.1 is available in three colours: Blue/Copper, Black/Chrome and White/Iron. The price of the current variant of Nokia 3.1 which is 2GB/16Gb is ₹ 10,499. So, this is a phone that falls into a budget category.
Other things which HMD offers on the purchase of Nokia 3.1 in India are:
- Buying Nokia 3.1 using Paytm Mall QR code will give 10% cashback on recharges and bill payments on Paytm.
- Consumers buying Nokia 3.1 will additionally get two INR 250 movie cashback vouchers which can be redeemed against booking minimum two movie tickets via Paytm.
- Consumers using ICICI Bank Credit or Debit Card will get a 5% cashback.
- Idea and Vodafone consumers will get:
- On a recharge of INR 149 pack, 1GB data/day, unlimited calls and 100 SMS/day for 28 days; additionally, consumers upgrading from 2G or 3G phone to the new Nokia 3.1 will get 1GB data/day for 28 days.
- On a recharge of INR 595, consumers will get unlimited calls, 100 SMS/day, 18GB data for 6 months.