- LeEco Le 1s Eco X509 Smartphone Review and specs
- Mobile Phones
- LeEco Le 1s Eco X509 Smartphone Review and specs
LeEco Le 1s Eco X509 Smartphone Review and specs
- Display: 5.50-inch
- CPU: 1.85GHz octa-core
- RAM: 3 GB
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- Camera: 13 MP
- Storage: 32 GB
LeEco Le 1s Eco X509 Smartphone Review and specs - Specs
- Device Type Smartphone
- Price Rs. 9,999
- Model Leeco le 1s x509
- Released May 2016
- Type Design Type called form factor refers to a mobile phone's size, shape, and style as well as the layout and position of major components of phone. There are three major form factors seen in mobile phones => bar phones, folding phones and sliding phones.Bar
- Dimensions 151.10 x 74.20 x 7.60 mm
- Weight 169 g
- Colors Gold, Silver, Gray
- Waterproof No
- Display Type Display Technology => A number of display technologies and types used in mobile phones => TFT (Thin Film Transistor), IPS (In-Place Switching), OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode), AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode), Super AMOLED (an even advanced version of AMOLED), Resistive Touchscreen (Resistive touchscreens contain two layer of conductive material with a very small gap between them which acts as a resistance), Capacitive Touchsceen (Capacitive touchscreen technology consists of a layer of glass coated with a transparent conductor)IPS LCD
- Size 5.5 inches
- Resolution 1080x1920 pixels
- Display Colors Display Colors is refers to the number of different shades of colors that the screen is capable of displaying => 64K colors, 256K colors and 16 million colors, Obviously 16M is highest available range of colors and better than others.16M colors
- Pixel Density Pixel Density (PPI) is refers to the concentration of pixels on a particular display, measured in pixels per inch (ppi). Pixel density is calculated by dividing the diagonal pixel resolution of a display by its diagonal size, higher pixel density better display quality.401 ppi
- Touch Screen Yes, Multitouch
- Display Protection Display Protection => Gorilla Glass is a special alkali-aluminosilicate glass shield with exceptional damage resistance that helps protect mobile displays from scratches, drops, and bumps of everyday use, It is always better to go for a smartphone with Gorilla Glass for that added protection and peace of mind.Gorilla Glass 3
- Primary Camera is able to capture photographs and usually videos, The most important characteristics of a camera are the resolution (measured in megapixels), lens focus type (fixed or automatic), higher megapixel cameras are known to capture higher quality photos, but not always a good measurement of the photos quality.13 MP
- Video 2160p@30fps
- Camera Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR,
Digital Zoom - 5x
- Flash Flash Light => There is commonly two types of flash lights are used in camera mobile phones, LED Flash (LED flash offers lower power consumption with drive circuitry that takes up very little room, LEDs can be strobed faster than any other light source), Xenon Flash (xenon flash produces an extremely intense full-spectrum white light for a very short duration)LED flash
- Secondary 5 MP
- Front flash NO
- 2G Network Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Network Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- SIM SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) is a small card that contains mobile network subscriber's account information. This allows the phone using the card to attach to a mobile network. The SIM card is most commonly associated with GSM and UMTS mobile networks. Moving a SIM card from one phone to another allows a subscriber to switch mobile phones without having to contact their mobile network carrier. SIM cards can also be used by a phone to store limited amounts of data, such as phone numbers and text messages.Micro-SIM+Nano-SIM
- Dual SIM Yes
- GPRS GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) is a packet oriented mobile data service on the 2G and 3G cellular communication system's global system for mobile communications (GSM), Generally, GPRS is used for the purpose of wireless data transfer, such as sharing pictures and videos or browsing the Internet via a mobile phone connection.
- EDGE EDGE (Enhanced Data GSM Environment) is a wireless network technology generally considered the next step in the 2G network offers data transfer rates up to four times faster than ordinary GSM networks, Generally, EDGE is used for the purpose of wireless data transfer, such as sharing pictures and videos or browsing the Internet via a mobile phone connection.
- Speed HSPA, LTE
- Web Browser Web Browser => a web browser is a software application used to locate, retrieve and display content on the World Wide Web, including Web pages, images, video and other files, The primary function of a web browser is to render HTML, the code used to design or markup webpages.HTML5
- Operating System OS => Every computer system run on a base software called Operating System (OS). Operating System controls all basic operations of the computer (such as smartphone, PDAs, tablet computers and other handheld devices). The Operating System allows the user to install and run third party applications (apps), apps are used to add new functionality to the device.Android v5.0 Upgradable to Marshmallow 6
- User Interface UI or user interface of a device is the look and feel of the on-screen menu system. How it works, its color scheme, how it responds to button presses, all of these things are part of the user interface.EUI 5.5
- Chipset Chipset is a group of integrated circuits designed to perform one or a more dedicated functions, often with real time computing constraints, Popular smartphones are equipped with more advanced embedded chipsets that can do many different tasks depending on their programming.MediaTek Helio X10
- CPU CPU (Central Processing Unit) mostly known as processors, CPU processes instructions in order to carry out certain functions that make your device operate properly. Processors are often described as the brain of computers, smartphones and tablets, Smartphones and tablets rely on processors to carry out their every task, Processors are an incredibly important factor in selecting any type of computing device, including your smartphone.Octa-core 1.85 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is a single-chip processor designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images in a frame buffer intended for output to a display, This includes things such as lighting effects, object transformations, and 3D motion.PowerVR G6200
- RAM (Memory) RAM (Random Access Memory) is a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly, any byte of memory can be accessed without touching the preceding bytes that allows information to be stored and accessed quickly from random locations. RAM is the most common type of memory found in computer systems, smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices.3 GB
- Internal Storage Internal Storage is a data storage space (flash memory) mostly used in smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices where operating system, apps, music, photos, videos, files and other user data Is stored.32 GB
- Card Slot Memory Card Slot is a special slot for inserting a memory card. Memory cards allow you to expand the phone's built-in memory, A memory card (sometimes called a flash memory card or a storage card) is a small storage medium used to store data such as text, pictures, audio, and video, for use on small, portable or remote computing devices such as mobile phones, mp3 players, digital cameras.No
- Sensors Sensors are electronic components that detects and responds to some type of input from the physical environment. The specific input could be light, heat, motion, moisture, pressure and location, The output is generally a signal that is converted to use in computing systems, a location sensor, such as a GPS receiver is able to detect current location of your electronic device.Magnetometer, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, Infrared Sensor, Fingerprint Sensor
- Bluetooth Bluetooth is a wireless communications technology for exchanging data between mobile phones, headsets, computers and other network devices over short distances without wires, Bluetooth technology was primarily designed to support simple wireless networking of personal consumer devices.Yes, v4.2, A2DP, LE
- Infrared Infrared connectivity is an old wireless technology used to connect two electronic devices. It uses a beam of infrared light to transmit information and so requires direct line of sight and operates only at close range.
- Wi-fi Wi-Fi is a popular wireless networking technology using radio waves to provide high-speed network connections that allows devices to communicate without cords or cables, Wi-Fi is increasingly becoming the preferred mode of internet connectivity all over the world.Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-fi Hotspot
- USB Type-C 1.0, USB OTG
- GPS GPS The Global Positioning System is a satellite-based radio navigation system, GPS permits users to determine their position, velocity and the time 24 hours a day, in all weather, anywhere in the world, In order to locate your position, your device or GPS receiver must have a clear view of the sky.Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC NFC (Near field communication) is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish peer-to-peer radio communications with each other by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no more than a few inches.
- HDMI HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transferring uncompressed video data and compressed or uncompressed digital audio data from a HDMI-compliant source device to a compatible computer monitor, video projector, digital television, or digital audio device.
- Headphone Jack Yes, 3.5mm
- Remote Control Yes
- SMS SMS (Short Messaging Service) is a text messaging service component of phone, Web, or mobile communication systems. It uses standardized communications protocols to allow mobile phone devices to exchange short text messages over the networks.Yes (threaded view)
- MMS MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) is a standard way to send messages that include multimedia content (audio clips, video clips and images) to and from mobile phones over wireless networks using the WAP protocol.
- Email Email (Electronic Mail) is a system for receiving, sending, and storing electronic messages, Similar to a letter, email is text messages that may contain files, images, or other attachments sent via the internet to a recipient by using applications and software prograps. An email address is required to receive email, and that address is unique to the user.Email + Push Mail
- IM IM (Instant Messaging) is an exchange of text messages through a software application, it enable you to create a kind of private chat room with another individual in order to communicate in real time over the Internet.Yes
- Battery Type Battery Type => Cell phones run on various kinds of batteries depending on the manufacturer, phone size or shape and features. There are basically four types of cell phone batteries => Lithium Polymer, Lithium Ion, Nickel Metal Hydride and Nickel Cadmium.Li-Poly (Lithium Polymer)
- Capacity Battery Capacity is a measure (typically in Amp-hr) of the charge stored by the battery, and is determined by the mass of active material contained in the battery. The battery capacity represents the maximum amount of energy that can be extracted from the battery under certain conditions.3000 mAh
- Placement Fixed, Non-removable
Price and Specifications Overview
LeEco Le 1s Eco X509 is the successor of LeEco Le 1s at a low price but with same specs. The LeEco Le 1s is the first smartphone launched by LeTV in India. But there was a heating issue in LEco Le 1s, so the company came out with enhanced version of 1s i.e is LeEco Le 1s Eco X509. This Android smartphone comes under the budget smartphone range and has an integrated LeEco’s content Ecosystem.
Questions you get in mind before buying this LeEco Le 1s Eco X509
LeEco Le 1s Eco X509 Design
The design of the LeEco Le 1s Eco X509 is pretty clean and slate type. the full body is of Aluminum metal and protected by Gorilla Glass 3. The weight of this Android smartphones is 169gm which same to its predecessor. Due to complete use of metal the phone feels enough solid to bear the day to day rough usage. In spite of Gorilla Glass 3 the phone is getting scratches, so you have bought some screen guard or temper glass to save the display from scratches.
What about the LeEco Le 1s Eco X509 display?
At the price of INR 9,999, you got Full HD 5.5 inches IPS display with multi-touch and wide viewing angles. The colors produced by the display are vibrant and vivid. The motion technology of the phone plays your video at very high frame which gives real effect to your videos. This will really enhance the experience of watching movies and playing games on this phone. it also has video display enhancement , that smartly enhanced the screen color saturation and smoothness. the phone design in very ergonomically , the display upper and lower portion consumed very less space. Below the display you will find the Led backlit navigation buttons.
Interesting feature of LeEco Le 1s Eco X509
If we talk about specs wise then there is such great feature but there are few which we would like to discuss. It has beautiful mirror finished fingerprint sensor on the back side which is very responsive. But the mirror finish of fingerprint sensor prone it to smudges. Beside fingerprint sensor, it also has IR blaster that comes with a pre-installed an app to control infrared devices such AC, TV, etc. For charging it uses the USB Type-C port which placed in the bottom of phone flanked by speaker grills. It supports fast charging and takes about 1 hour to fully charge. Due to its fast charging feature, you may feel some heat while charging.
Which OS it uses?
It uses customized OS called EUI version 5.5 runs on top of Android v 5.0.2 which is upgradable to Andriod v6.0 Marshmallow. The phone OS has lost of customization from notification bar to recent apps almost everything is a tweak to gives refreshing looks. The notifications are accessed by sliding the top of the screen whereas the shortcuts of settings can access by tapping the navigation button. All the Le TV devices come with a complete content Ecosystem that can be accessed using built-in apps, Le Live, Levidi, Le music and LeDrive.
Is the Camera is good for day to day life usage?
The phones designed with the 13 MP rear camera with PDAF technology. The comes out with its camera are very sharp and detailed. Its camera is one of the best phone cameras at this price point. But there is an issue, we had faced heating issue while using the camera and sometimes it also increases the phone temperature. But this will solve as soon as we get the upgrade from LeECO.The camera app has modes like Panorama, and slow motion, etc. Very few phones are offering slow-motion feature at this price point.Thelow light images are pretty well with enough details and low noise. The same thing goes for its 5 MP selfie camera. It can shoot videos at 4K. So, the camera of this phone is enough good to capture our daily moments in a better way.
What about the Performance?
Under the metallic body of LeEco Le 1s Eco X509 Android smartphone, it has Helio X10, 1.8 GHz processor Octa core processor along with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB storage. You cannot expand the memory of this as a phone as it doesn’t come with microSD card support. But we think the 32 GB is a reasonable amount at Rs 9,999. We had used this phone about 2 weeks and we had stuffed this phone with different apps to test its performance. Also, we played heavy graphics intense games on this phone such as Frontline 2 and Asphalt Airborne 8 but didn’t find any frame drop or lag. Although it plays very well but it heats a little bit while gaming and charging.
Can this phone’s battery last long for a day?
Yes, the battery of this can complete you whole day circle but at normal usage. In our continuous video test on full volume and brightness, it gives us the juice of 7 hours 43 minutes which is really great. But if are power or moderate user then it will disappoint you, it can go more that 6 to 7 hours. However, it comes with a quick charger which helps you to keep your phone charged instantly.
Pros:Premium looks, performance, display, and speaker
Cons: Non-expandable storage and Heating issue sometimes
Bottomline: Le 1S is a stylish and sleek option available in the budget range. This not only looks premium also delivers top notch performance at the attractive price tag, making its perfect choice in this price bracket.