Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
- Display: 5.5 inches
- CPU: 1.4GHz hexa-core
- RAM: 2 GB RAM
- Battery: Non-removable 4050 mAh battery
- Camera: 16 MP
- Storage: 16 GB
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 - Specs
- Device Type Smartphone
- Price Rs. 9,999
- Model Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
- Released February 2016
- Type Design Type called form factor refers to a mobile phone's size, shape, and style as well as the layout and position of major components of phone. There are three major form factors seen in mobile phones => bar phones, folding phones and sliding phones.Bar
- Dimensions 150 x 76 x 8.7 mm
- Weight 164 g
- Colors Silver, Gray, Gold
- Waterproof No
- Display Type Display Technology => A number of display technologies and types used in mobile phones => TFT (Thin Film Transistor), IPS (In-Place Switching), OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode), AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode), Super AMOLED (an even advanced version of AMOLED), Resistive Touchscreen (Resistive touchscreens contain two layer of conductive material with a very small gap between them which acts as a resistance), Capacitive Touchsceen (Capacitive touchscreen technology consists of a layer of glass coated with a transparent conductor)IPS LCD
- Size 5.5 inches
- Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Display Colors Display Colors is refers to the number of different shades of colors that the screen is capable of displaying => 64K colors, 256K colors and 16 million colors, Obviously 16M is highest available range of colors and better than others.16M colors
- Pixel Density Pixel Density (PPI) is refers to the concentration of pixels on a particular display, measured in pixels per inch (ppi). Pixel density is calculated by dividing the diagonal pixel resolution of a display by its diagonal size, higher pixel density better display quality.403 ppi
- Touch Screen Yes, Multitouch
- Display Protection Display Protection => Gorilla Glass is a special alkali-aluminosilicate glass shield with exceptional damage resistance that helps protect mobile displays from scratches, drops, and bumps of everyday use, It is always better to go for a smartphone with Gorilla Glass for that added protection and peace of mind.None
- Primary Camera is able to capture photographs and usually videos, The most important characteristics of a camera are the resolution (measured in megapixels), lens focus type (fixed or automatic), higher megapixel cameras are known to capture higher quality photos, but not always a good measurement of the photos quality.16 MP, f/2.0, Phase detection autofocus
- Camera Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR, panorama
- Flash Flash Light => There is commonly two types of flash lights are used in camera mobile phones, LED Flash (LED flash offers lower power consumption with drive circuitry that takes up very little room, LEDs can be strobed faster than any other light source), Xenon Flash (xenon flash produces an extremely intense full-spectrum white light for a very short duration)Dual tone dual-LED flash
- Secondary 5 MP, f/2.0, 1080p
- Front flash NO
- 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Network LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- SIM SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) is a small card that contains mobile network subscriber's account information. This allows the phone using the card to attach to a mobile network. The SIM card is most commonly associated with GSM and UMTS mobile networks. Moving a SIM card from one phone to another allows a subscriber to switch mobile phones without having to contact their mobile network carrier. SIM cards can also be used by a phone to store limited amounts of data, such as phone numbers and text messages.Micro-SIM+Nano-SIM Dual standby
- Dual SIM Yes
- GPRS GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) is a packet oriented mobile data service on the 2G and 3G cellular communication system's global system for mobile communications (GSM), Generally, GPRS is used for the purpose of wireless data transfer, such as sharing pictures and videos or browsing the Internet via a mobile phone connection.
- EDGE EDGE (Enhanced Data GSM Environment) is a wireless network technology generally considered the next step in the 2G network offers data transfer rates up to four times faster than ordinary GSM networks, Generally, EDGE is used for the purpose of wireless data transfer, such as sharing pictures and videos or browsing the Internet via a mobile phone connection.
- Speed HSPA, LTE
- Web Browser Web Browser => a web browser is a software application used to locate, retrieve and display content on the World Wide Web, including Web pages, images, video and other files, The primary function of a web browser is to render HTML, the code used to design or markup webpages.HTML5
- Operating System OS => Every computer system run on a base software called Operating System (OS). Operating System controls all basic operations of the computer (such as smartphone, PDAs, tablet computers and other handheld devices). The Operating System allows the user to install and run third party applications (apps), apps are used to add new functionality to the device.Android v5.1.1
- User Interface UI or user interface of a device is the look and feel of the on-screen menu system. How it works, its color scheme, how it responds to button presses, all of these things are part of the user interface.MIUI 8
- Chipset Chipset is a group of integrated circuits designed to perform one or a more dedicated functions, often with real time computing constraints, Popular smartphones are equipped with more advanced embedded chipsets that can do many different tasks depending on their programming.Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650
- CPU CPU (Central Processing Unit) mostly known as processors, CPU processes instructions in order to carry out certain functions that make your device operate properly. Processors are often described as the brain of computers, smartphones and tablets, Smartphones and tablets rely on processors to carry out their every task, Processors are an incredibly important factor in selecting any type of computing device, including your smartphone.1.4 GHz Hexa core
- GPU GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is a single-chip processor designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images in a frame buffer intended for output to a display, This includes things such as lighting effects, object transformations, and 3D motion.Adreno 510
- RAM (Memory) RAM (Random Access Memory) is a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly, any byte of memory can be accessed without touching the preceding bytes that allows information to be stored and accessed quickly from random locations. RAM is the most common type of memory found in computer systems, smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices.2 GB / 3GB RAM Two variants
- Internal Storage Internal Storage is a data storage space (flash memory) mostly used in smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices where operating system, apps, music, photos, videos, files and other user data Is stored.16/32 GB two variants
- Card Slot Memory Card Slot is a special slot for inserting a memory card. Memory cards allow you to expand the phone's built-in memory, A memory card (sometimes called a flash memory card or a storage card) is a small storage medium used to store data such as text, pictures, audio, and video, for use on small, portable or remote computing devices such as mobile phones, mp3 players, digital cameras.microSD, up to 256 GB Hybrid card slot on SIM 2
- Sensors Sensors are electronic components that detects and responds to some type of input from the physical environment. The specific input could be light, heat, motion, moisture, pressure and location, The output is generally a signal that is converted to use in computing systems, a location sensor, such as a GPS receiver is able to detect current location of your electronic device.Fingerprint, gyro, proximity, compass, accelerometer
- Audio Playback MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Playback XviD/MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio Yes
- Alert Types MP3, WAV ringtones + Vibration
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Bluetooth Bluetooth is a wireless communications technology for exchanging data between mobile phones, headsets, computers and other network devices over short distances without wires, Bluetooth technology was primarily designed to support simple wireless networking of personal consumer devices.Yes, v4.2, A2DP, LE
- Infrared Infrared connectivity is an old wireless technology used to connect two electronic devices. It uses a beam of infrared light to transmit information and so requires direct line of sight and operates only at close range.
- Wi-fi Wi-Fi is a popular wireless networking technology using radio waves to provide high-speed network connections that allows devices to communicate without cords or cables, Wi-Fi is increasingly becoming the preferred mode of internet connectivity all over the world.Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct
- Wi-fi Hotspot
- USB 2.0 microUSB and USB OTG
- GPS GPS The Global Positioning System is a satellite-based radio navigation system, GPS permits users to determine their position, velocity and the time 24 hours a day, in all weather, anywhere in the world, In order to locate your position, your device or GPS receiver must have a clear view of the sky.Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC NFC (Near field communication) is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish peer-to-peer radio communications with each other by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no more than a few inches.
- HDMI HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transferring uncompressed video data and compressed or uncompressed digital audio data from a HDMI-compliant source device to a compatible computer monitor, video projector, digital television, or digital audio device.
- Headphone Jack Yes
- Remote Control Yes
- SMS SMS (Short Messaging Service) is a text messaging service component of phone, Web, or mobile communication systems. It uses standardized communications protocols to allow mobile phone devices to exchange short text messages over the networks.Yes (threaded view)
- MMS MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) is a standard way to send messages that include multimedia content (audio clips, video clips and images) to and from mobile phones over wireless networks using the WAP protocol.
- Email Email (Electronic Mail) is a system for receiving, sending, and storing electronic messages, Similar to a letter, email is text messages that may contain files, images, or other attachments sent via the internet to a recipient by using applications and software prograps. An email address is required to receive email, and that address is unique to the user.Email + Push Mail
- IM IM (Instant Messaging) is an exchange of text messages through a software application, it enable you to create a kind of private chat room with another individual in order to communicate in real time over the Internet.Yes
- Battery Type Battery Type => Cell phones run on various kinds of batteries depending on the manufacturer, phone size or shape and features. There are basically four types of cell phone batteries => Lithium Polymer, Lithium Ion, Nickel Metal Hydride and Nickel Cadmium.Li-Ion (Lithium Ion)
- Capacity Battery Capacity is a measure (typically in Amp-hr) of the charge stored by the battery, and is determined by the mass of active material contained in the battery. The battery capacity represents the maximum amount of energy that can be extracted from the battery under certain conditions.4050mA
- Placement Fixed, non-removable
Price and Specifications Overview
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is another buzz creating and solid smartphone from Xiaomi. Here we are going to give a short review on this budget smartphone. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 features a 5.5″ Full HD IPS technology capacitive screen.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Display and Design review
The Unibody design of the Xiaomi Redmi Not3 is very solid and sleek. The complete metal design with slight matte finish gives very soothing and premium feeling when you hold it in your hand. The camera and dual tone dual LED are in symmetry with speaker grills at the bottom. About the front side. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 features a 5.5″ Full HD IPS technology capacitive screen. The pixel density of the display is 401ppi which is, the same as on the Redmi Note. One thing which disappoints little bit is the display doesn;t has any protecting glass from scratches. Overall the viewing angles and colors are all good. You will definitely enjoy the watching videos and play games.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Connectivity
The connectivity options it provides is not going to hinder in your daily productivity. Everything which you need to communicate such as Wifi, Bluetooth, GSM, EDGE, 4G LTE connectivity, WIfi-direct, hotspot, infrared, Mia cast,USB OTG. The micro USB 2.0 charging port seamlessly handle the OTG USB connections. One great benefit is the IR blaster placed on the top of the phone and can use as a remote control to control different gadgets such TVs, DVD player, ACs etc.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Software
The Redmi Note 3 runs on MIUI 8.0 UI on top of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. The customized interface of Xiaomi’s is really very cool and intuitive. The new MIUI 8 user interface is an improved version of MIUI 7 with lots of changes and improvement which not only improves the performance but user experience. The MIUI 8 also gives better rendering and power saving features.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Performance
Under the hood, it features the Cortex-A72quad-coree 1.4GHz hexacore which was our review unit. It has Snapdragon 650 chipset with Adreno 510 GPU. For storage, it comes in two models 16 or 32 Gb and 2GB to 3GB RAM options. We had used this phone for 1 month and really we didn’t find any glitches sometimes it shows little bit lag while multitasking. And this lag comes when you overload the phone with different genre apps.
Bottom Line: About this Xiaomi Redmi note 3 it is a perfect budget smartphone with good specs. It is value for money product. Xiaomi’s all phones are good but the only issue you will have to face is the service. They do not have much service center in India nad people are continuously getting problems with their services.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 - User Reviews
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 - Offers
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Gold, 32GB)₹11,999.00
- Redmi Note 3 (Gold, 32 GB)₹11,999.00