Yu Yureka black is the latest smartphone launched by Yu Phones in the budget range series. For those who don’t know about the Yu smartphones in India, it is a 100% subsidiary of Micromax Informatics. The last device launched by them is budget smartphone called Yu Yureka Black. Yu claimed according to IDC report YU Televentures sold more than 3 million YU smartphones in the last two years. Also at the launch event, they clear that they are not going shut or combined the Yu with Micromax. They said both the brands have their own place in the market as the Micromax targets both offline and online audience while the Yu Yureka is going to stick online and want to target the audience those need stylish phones. Yureka black is exclusively available on Flipkart ( Know more). Here is the Quick review of Yu Yureka Black base on the experience which we had at the launch event.
Yu Yureka Black Smartphone Key Specifications
- Display: 5.00-inch
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Qualcomm 435 OctaCore processor
- Camera: Rear Camera 13MP and Front -8-megapixel
- RAM: 4 GB
- OS: Android 6.0
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh
Yu Yureka Black Detailed Specifications
Yu Yureka Black Design and Features
The design of Yureka Black is not much unique but quite easy to handle using a single hand as the display size is 5.0 inches. The phone has 8.7mm slim thickness and can be fit in the palm easily. The black metal body back has an arc design to enhance the overall look. The body of the Yureka Black has black mirror finish but that also make it too much glossy. No doubt the mirror finish of body looks premium and stylish but unless until you are not going to touch the device. Yes, once you hold it in hands it attract the fingerprints like magnet and ruin all the premiumness of the device. In the below image you can see the fingerprints at the bottom of the device that not looks great. Also phone is quite slipper and one can easliy dropped it from hand if you are take it out or grabbing it from the table in hurry.
Coming to the build quality the phone feels durable and comes with Gorilla Glass 3 which save it from scratches. Also, the polished back of the devices itself also resists the back from scratches. The above back portion has the camera and dual LED flash while at the bottom the microUSB 2.0 and speaker grills are situated.
At the front side of the Micromax Yureka Black it has soft flash, ear speaker and front camera at the top and down side, you will find a pressable home button just like Samsung’s devices have. This home button also works as fingerprint sensor. We tried it and it is average.
The right side has the volume controls and power on/off button, while Hybrid Sim card slot is on the left side, one can use either two SIMs or one SIM and micro SD card. At the top, you will find the headphone jack.
Yu Yureka Black camera
At the budget range, I would like to say camera pretty much at the proper light environment. We haven’t got a chance to test it in different circumstances but on the launch event experience it was good, But we will give the detailed review of this phone once we receive it. At the rear side, it has a 13 MP Sony IMX 258 rear camera along with dual LED flash and f2.0 aperture. The camera app of the phone is snappy and comes with Face Beauty, Panorama, HDR, Night, Sports, Scene Frame and Super Pixel. Super Pixel is the technology to get sharper pictures by capturing and combining the same image more than once. The front 8MP camera ahs front flash.
Yu Yureka Black Software
The Yureka Black runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with minimal customization which makes the device more snappy. Earlier all Yureka devices run on Yu Yureka cyanogen Os with a lot of customization. The icons of the OS much look the Xiaomi MiUi has and also there is no app drawer. The navigation buttons are situated on the screen. There are some gestures controls which called smart gestures by the company like drawing ‘O’ will open the camera, letter ‘M’ will open music and so on. The company also ensures that the phone will get Android N in mid of July on OTA updates.
Here are some features of the Yu Yureka Black smartphone OS
- Easy Screenshots- Experience the innovative sensor which will lead you to take the screenshot with the simple touch of three fingers that is with just one slide up you can delete and with just one slide down you can save
- One handed view– You just need to slide left or right for one hand operation
- Full Page- Gives you an additional option of taking full page screen shot
- The device comes with Smart Actions-Unlock the screen by double tap- Double click on the screen (standby mode) to unlock your screen
- Lock screen by double tap- Double click on the Home button (on navigation bar) to lock your screen
- Flip to mute– When you receive an incoming call, flip your phone to mute the ringtone
- Direct call- Put your phone close to your ear to call directly a contact from contact card
- Disable the handsfree- Put your phone close to your ear to deactivate the handsfree mode
- Answer by mistake- Don’t turn on screen when your phone is on your pocket and you received a call-in order so don’t answer by mistake
- Flip to snooze- When the alarm is ringing, flip your phone to launch the snooze mode
- Unlock by power button- In standby mode, short press the power key button to unlock your screen
Yu Yureka Black Display and Hardware
The YUREKA BLACK sports a 5 inches Full HD display which is plus point of the device as it good to get Full HD screen at this price point. The display produces the colors which are accurate & not washed or dull. The viewing angle was also pretty much good. It has 1.4 GHz Qualcomm 435 OctaCore processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB ROM expandable up to 128GB. Out of 32Gb the 9.31GB is reserved for the system. For backup, it has 3000 mAh battery.
Overall the phone seems good but at the price of Rs 8,999 in India. There are lots of competition the Yureka black has to face and one of the biggest competition it going to get is from Xiaomi Redmi 4, Coolpad Cool 1 Dual, Lenovo K6 Power, and other smartphones those offers competitive specs at a similar price point.
Note: Right now we are not commenting on the commenting on the performance, battery backup or any heating issue. Once we received the device we will give you the detailed review on all aspects.