ChanSort is an open-source Windows 10/8/7 application that can be used to sorts channels of TV models of different manufacturers. This Samsung channel list PC editor tool apart from supporting Samsung TVs also can be used with other Television channel lists. Currently, other supported brands are LG, Toshiba and Panasonic. In addition to that, it can support various channel list file formats from Philips, Sony, ITT, Medion, Nabo, ok., PEAQ, Schaub-Lorenz, Silva-Schneider, Telefunken, Hisense, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Toshiba and the Linux VDR project.
ChanSort is meant to run on Windows platforms, thus it needs at least the Microsoft Framework 4.0 to work. The models of TVs it supports are:
- Samsung TVs of the B, C, D, E, F, H, J, K, M, N, Q and R series or Samsung monitors integrated with TV tuner Series 3
- LG TVs of the years 2009 to 2014 (CS, DM, LA, LB, LD, LE, LH, LK, LM, LN, LS, LT, LV, LW, LX, PH, PM, PN, PT)
- Panasonic Viera models with a svl.bin or svl.db channel list.
- Sony Android-TVs “sdb.xml” files using formats “FormateVer” 1.1.0 and KDL 2012/2014 files.
- Toshiba models in the “zip / chmgt.db” format such as RL, SL, TL, UL, VL, WL, XL, YL models of series 8xx/9xxas
- ITT, Medion, Nabo, ok., PEAQ, Schaub-Lorenz, Silva-Schneider, Telefunken: These brands use .sdx files (currently only satellite lists are supported)
Where one can use ChanSort?
It is very simple to explain, after installing any new TV or whenever we do automatic station search, the channels are not on the program slots where you want them and after that all tedious work starts, we move our favourite channels to the usual program slots one by one which is really cumbersome using Tv’s remote. However, we can do all this on our PC or laptop with a help of a channel editor program called ChanSort, as mentioned above for Samsung and other TV brands. Download this channel editor tool for PC.
How to use ChanSort?
To use ChanSort, first, we need to transfer our TVs channel list to a USB stick or Memory card.
After the automatic station search on the TV; plug any Pen drive to your respective compatible TV and then go to settings to export the channel list. For example on Samsung it generally under Settings–>Broadcasting–>Expert Settings–>Transfer Channel List.
If it asked for the PIN, enter 0000.
For transferring channel list on different Samsung TV series, see this Github page.
The station lists from the USB stick can be read in by ChanSort on PC and later again by the TV. There, the stations can be sorted easily, take over in favourite lists, or even hide or lock.
After opening the list in ChanSort, it will displays in tabular form all found and sorted channels. For a better overview, the stations are also listed separately for tuners.
ChanSort then allows sorting of the stations, which works either by entering the desired number, the software arrow keys or drag-and-drop. Stations can also be deleted, hidden, locked using Parental Control, or added to favourites. The finished channel list can then be played back to the TV.
Furthermore, we can use the reference list of channels created by ChanSort can be saved and restored at any time, for example after a new channel search or when setting up another TV.
Quick feature overview of this PC channel editor.
- Simple and easy to use interface.
- Channels can be reordered using mover up/down arrows, drag and drop or by directly changing the channel number.
- Multi-selection of channels
- Rename or Deleting of channels
- Supported languages: English, German and partially in Turkish and Portuguese
- Parental lock to save children from watching impropriate shows.
- Channel skipping and hiding.
- Side by Side view of new and original list
- And more…
If you have a supported TV set, ChanSort can save you a lot of time when sorting the station list since using mouse and keyboard on PC is much easier than TV’s remote.