If you are a content creator, you must have heard about Voice changer or voice-over applications available for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. For layman users, who do not know about the voice changer application, it is nothing but an application that helps in changing the pitch and frequency of the voice, to make it sound like someone else.
Many people do use voice changer applications while they are voice chatting over the net using Facebook or Whatsapp; or during live streaming on YouTube, Twitch; to hide their original voice pitch, which may not be quite loud and clear. Using such an application to make the voice sound funny is another usage generally can be seen by default on short video creating platforms. Furthermore, we can use Voice changer apps to remove all-vocal pitches from an audio track, so that you can extract the music or tune of that track itself. Though to produce high-quality results, the user must have a good quality microphone and a noise-free background.
In this article, we are going to talk about some of the best and most used Voice Changer applications for Windows 10/7 available in the market. We will be focusing mainly on the free to use or trial software so that everyone can find something of their taste and need. I will even provide the link to the applications with all Names tags so that you can click simply to go to the download page directly.
Here we are only going to discuss the best Voice Changer apps for Windows 10/8/7, for all types of users, according to my choice and experiences. Also, the apps are the most popular in their field as well. Though there are some other similar apps available, you can search and read about them as well, here are a couple of names:
- Fake Voice (Very basic & simple)
- Clownfish Voice Changer
- Skype Voice Changer Pro
- Voice Master (quite popular).
Choose according to your need and budget.
Best Vocal modulator software for Windows 10 -2021
1. Voxal Voice Changer | Free for Home users
We would definitely be starting with the free Voxal Voice Changer as you may also find a similar type of articles which start with the same application; Yes, Voxal Voice Changer is that good. It is one of the top best free voice changing applications you would find out there for Windows 10 or 7. The non-commercial version if free to use and download, therefore, it is not just an amazing application for fun, actually, people do use it for serious jobs and pro-level content creation, video editing, etc. Voxal provides a great recording quality, the UI of it also very user friendly. Smooth performance is very essential in times of live streaming, so there you can rely on that on the Voxal Voice Changer app. The voice changing process does not consume any time at all, as you would be getting real-time output, which will ensure lag-free smoothest performance. You can use Voxal during voice chats or phone calls as well. Voxal Voice Changer is available for both – Windows and Mac.
- Voxal offers a wide range of options for Voice changing in their library, including alien, women, cartoons, robot type voices.
- You can voice record or stream using a microphone using this application. On the other hand, unlike many other alternatives, you can use the effects on effects on some video or audio files with vocal pitches and edit them with the voice pitch of your liking from the library.
- The feature to upload and store the various customized series of effects for voice changes are allowed in Voxal.
- Voxal is free to use, smooth real-time performance is guaranteed, the library is good for all types of users, comes with a user-friendly UI.
2. Voicemod | Free voice modulator
Voicemod is a very popular Voice changing application, but this app is relatively new in the market. It supports Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (64-bit) and compatible with most of the chat tools like Skype, Facebook, Discord, and VRchat. Voicemod is also can be used with YouTube live and Twitch live. It absolutely free to use software and no in-app purchases are needed for extra features as well. Voicemod is not made for voice editing or video editing actually, as it is more of a tool for gamers and live streamers. It supports most of the big titles in-games like PUBG Mobile, PUBG Steam, CS GO, Fortnite, Apex Legends, Call of Duty Warzone, etc.
- Pretty simple and straightforward. Voice pitch morphing tool to be used in online voice communication over games and live streams.
- The library contains a woman’s voice, robot voice, kid voice, Thanos voice, engine voice, cool tune, dark voice, helio voice, etc, bot voice, CS-ct voice, etc.
- Very good for games, online chatting, live streaming, and due to nice compatibility feature Voicemod syncs with many other applications as well.
- The user can also use funny sounds in MP3 or WAV formats, to make conversations even funnier, and to make feel like meme or troll as well. Also, you can assign hotkeys so that those sounds occur only when you press a specific button.
- Voicemod comes with a freemium license, where you can use the application with limited features for free, but for full access, you need to buy the premium license.
- On free license, the free sound on the library changes every day. Also, you need to change the sound settings of windows related to default speakers and microphone each time you switch on the application and even switch off the application, that is kind of annoying, but makes it more flexible for live streaming and playing the game with two different voices.
3. MorphVOX | Free Trail
This one is another popular Voice changing application, which you will find almost on any list of such kind. MorphVOX is very much loved and positively voted by many users. It is not a high-end Voice changing application like Voxal, but it is a basic voice changing application, that you can rely upon. It works on the principle of the elementary notion of human beings, as we have generally three kinds of voice tones which are kid, man, and woman. MorphVOX lets the users switch their input voices based on different ages of a male or female voice, but the pitch is mainly dependent on the input voice itself, however, it can mislead someone over the phone at your age guessing or gender guessing. Available as a free trial version for Windows; the macOS version is available as well. The price to purchase it is $39.99.
- Allows the users to modify and create voices on age-based output, and also can change the voice pitch to male from female & female from male. You can also generate various kinds of voice mixes using MorphVOX.
- MorphVOX also provides some other sound effects to edit the voice files, such as drum rolls, fart sounds, coin sounds, funny sounds, etc. The UI can be used as a hotkey enabled soundboard while editing.
- You can also add artificial background sound along with your raw and edited voice pitches.
- You can use this application live streaming as well.
- One of the best features of MorphVOX is the background voice remover feature. In MorphVOX, this feature works like a charm, you can even clean the dirtiest videos to produce a clean and clear sound pitch.
- MorphVOX is not a free application, it costs around $39.99.
4. All-in-one Voice Changer | Free Trail Windows 10/7
One of the most commonly used applications for Voice changing editing is the All-in-one Voice changer. It another nice piece of tool which comes for free. All-in-one voice changer can be used for voice chats, live calls, live streams, etc. This one of the best available changer application can be paired up with various other messaging and chatting applications like Skype and Yahoo messenger. So, if you are a Skype user and not satisfied with the Skype Voice Changer, there you can pair this application as a third-party add on and can put it in some good use. The free trial is available for Windows and to own software permanently, the price is 15 dollars only.
- All-in-one voice changer is the simplest app in this list, it is very easy to handle and easy to set up.
- Comes with a feature, to test different voice changing effects on the go.
- The control board which has been provided with the UI can control various aspects of voice pitches easily via slide controls.
- Also, the test recording feature is available, you can save those recordings and also can review or further edit them later.
- Almost all the IM services are compatible with this app, so you can make voice calls directly via Skype or Facebook, using this application.
- All-in-one Voice changer comes with a free trial version, you can enjoy the application after the trial version with limited features also.
- There are various kinds of preset voice pitches that are there in this very simple looking application, including Male, Female, Kid, Dragon, Kitten, etc.
5. AV Voice Changer | Not free – Trail is available for Windows 10
AV Voice Changer is another popular solution in this line. It is famous for its cool high-tech looks with the very easy UI operations. The main menu is stacked and managed in a very well manner so that you do not have to face any problem starting with the AV Voice Changer. You can use it in various types of usages, like gaming, streaming, real-time voice chatting, phoning, and even for content creations. It provides the user with 2d graphical control and also slides controls, for tuning different aspects of the voice pitches. AV Voice changer not only can be used to change the voice but also it can be used for making audiobooks and audio messages. The library is also well stuffed, but there is another online library support from where you can download various types of voice pitches and effects to make your voice files even more unique.
- Display adjustments system
- Recording, test recording features are available.
- The user can also export to mono files directly.
- The Pause button feature is also there so you can take breaks and resume.
- Receives regular updates on bugs fixes to ensure the best experience.
- Using AV Voice Changer the user can edit and add extra effects to adorn morphed voice files as per the need.
- Contains a huge library of voice effects and filters. Many others can be download later as well.
- Some extra features like Voice Characters, Voice Enhancing, are provided which makes AV Voice Changer a pro-choice.
- You can record sound from your microphone as well as you can record audio from the internet, by playing it online and recording it, which even gives you the feature to record that audio which can not be downloaded from the net.
- You can also record sounds from Facebook Messenger, Skype, Discord, etc.
- Comes with a free trial version, but the premium edition contains full access. The premium edition is a little costly i.e. $59.99; that is why I put this at no.5 at this list.
VoiceMeter Virtual Audio Mixer (Bonus)
Basically it is not a software to change the voice into someone else’s like the above-mentioned tools, instead, it is meant to change the pitch of voice. For example, if you are a content creator or a live gaming streamer and have too much bass in-voice then you can reduce that directly from the interface of VoiceMeter. Furthermore, those are struggling with low pitch volume they can add bass to their voice in real-time using this free application.
This Audio Mixer Application comes with Virtual Audio Device used as Virtual I/O to mix and manage any audio sources from or to any audio devices or applications.
- It is completely free to use and download for Windows 10/8/7 platforms.
- Support almost all audio interfaces such as MME, Direct-X, KS, WaveRT, WASAPI, and ASIO.
- t mixes 3 Inputs to 3 outputs though 2 buses.
- It can be mixed and sent to different audio outputs, VOIP, or Recording Application…
- Helpful while playing games
- Mix your voice with your music on Skype or Google Voice
- Make your live podcast or own radio program more prominent
- Play Video Games in 5.1 and keep the MIC for communication with your team.
For free and general users I would recommend Voxal Voice Changer and Voicemod. For pro users, I would recommend AV Voice Changer pro edition and Voicemod Pro editions.