These all alternatives to default Windows 10 backup and restore solution also work for Windows 8 and Windows 7.
No matter how advanced it is, all of today’s technology can deteriorate. For example, hard drives are notorious for crashes, and today’s ransomware can make computer content inaccessible.
As digital content becomes critical to the business and personal assets, including video, photos and music, it’s clear that using backup software to protect everything is more important than ever.
No one really likes to back up their computer systems, documents and media files, but doing so will definitely save you a lot of pain. These five apps can help you take care of your system.
Best paid Windows 10 Backup and Restore alternatives
1. Acronis True Image
Acronis offers home users one of the best user-friendly and feature-rich backup programs. Both the True Image Cloud service and the True Image software are also capable of creating complete copies of the disk image to minimize disaster.
Few of the best features of the True Image protection system:
- The interface of this software is modern, friendly and direct.
- By default, the tool selects the entire PC as a backup source.
- You will be able to change to the specified drive, file, partition or folder.
- You will get an estimate of the space required for the selected backup.
- The program also provides a tool to archive and analyze large files with their own buttons on the interface.
- You can also choose to encrypt your backup with a password.
- After the backup is complete, you will see two options, “Recover PC” and “Recover Files”.
Acronis True Image combines backup, disk cloning, rescue disk creation and more system utilities and disk utilities. The program brings some unique feature backup software including mobile backup and Facebook. It provides the easiest to access interface, and on the other hand, it allows experts to mine some real details backup options.
2. StorageCraft ShadowProtect
StorageCraft ShadowProtect is one of the best backup software for speed, reliability and comprehensive protection. All of this tool’s functionality focuses on creating and using disk image files that contain full snapshots of disk partitions.
You will be able to use this feature to restore the entire system from a single operation or to open it in a window on your desktop as if it were a real disk that allows you to browse/copy files and folders.
Here are the most important features of this Windows 10 backup tool:
- It comes with a simple interface, all you need is the basic skills of Windows file system navigation.
- You can schedule backups to run daily, weekly, monthly or continuously.
- You will be able to set a password to access the backup.
- This tool allows you to perform two operations using a backed up disk image: recovery and browsing.
- This tool has enterprise-class reliability.
- You can choose high, standard or uncompressed capabilities for backups.
- There are multiple options to restore or view files.
There are also some advanced features, including throttling. This can reduce the waste of system resources by the application, just in case you want to continue using the computer for other operations.
You can also run pre-work commands, create retention policies, and make subsequent backups different, rather than redoing the entire thing each time. This is one of the most reliable disk image local backup software.
3. NTI immediately backs up
Since 1995, NTI has been in the system backup game, so you can imagine the company’s extensive expertise in protecting data. Its Backup Now 6 tool has fast performance and an improved interface.
Just look at this Windows 10 backup tool main features:
- It can perform continuous file and folder backups.
- This program provides full drive backup and recovery, encryption and more tools.
- The interface is attractive and user-friendly backup, restore and migration buttons.
- This software can create a recovery USB or CD.
- NTI Backup Now 6 helps you migrate your system to a new PC or to a new hard drive.
You can also choose to back up later.
In general, NTI Backup Now 6 is especially suitable for beginners, and with its help, you will be able to create high-quality boot rescue USB drives and CDs.
It protects your files and folders, including your system files.
4. Paragon Backup and Recovery
Paragon Backup & Recovery is a user-friendly windows 10 backup tool that provides wizards to get you through the most common backup schemes. The company is actively updating its backup tools, so it has now reached the 16th edition that supports Windows 10.
Take a look at the best features:
- This tool has a huge improvement in usability and performance compared to previous versions.
- The program interface has been completely improved and is now easier than ever.
- The interface has three tabs, Home, Main and X-View.
- Paragon Backup&Recovery 16 also offers more planning options for your backups: daily, on-demand, weekly and once.
- The software runs very fast and it can back up 15GB in about 5 minutes.
- During the backup creation, you will get an estimated backup time.
- For backups, Paragon creates a virtual hard disk that contains all the data.
- If you try to recover the entire system, the software warns you that it is best to use external recovery media to do this.
With this tool, Paragon finally created a backup tool for home users to access. The software also features more advanced features for enthusiast users, including Paragon’s powerful disk management tools.
5 Genie Timeline Pro
The Genie Timeline is a Windows 10 backup program that provides automatic cleanup to save disk space, protection level metrics and file explorer integration, and easy to add files to backup. It also work on Windows XP and 7.
Take a look at the most important features of Genie Timeline Pro:
- When you install the program, it creates a virtual CD entry called the Timeline Explorer in File Explorer.
- The tool comes with a straightforward interface.
- You have the ability to pause backups.
- You can choose between Smart and Turbo backup modes, which run faster and require more system resources.
- You can configure file retention settings.
- Auto Clear to delete old versions of files.
There are also two configurable performance options on the Customizable Backups tab. The game/movie mode ensures that backups do not interfere with activity, and power save mode reduces program resource usage.
The Genie Timeline comes with a comprehensive set of backup options that are easy to use and have a powerful backup tool that gives you the opportunity to revert to previous versions of files and folders.
These are the five enterprise-class best backup tools for Windows 10, each with useful features to protect your data and save you a lot of work in the event of a potential disaster.
Install any of these programs and save a copy of your most important photos, music, and more files to your cloud or to a separate hard drive.
They all are available in the trial version, you don’t need to pay any price until you are satisfied with it.
Here is the link: If you are interested in opensource backup software.