Google assistant is not something that I need to introduce and we all are familiar with the female voice at the time of getting some kind of answers from the Google assistant. From a timer to set alarms and asking questions to feed our inquisitiveness, we all are quite familiar with the female voice of the Google Assistant, which is by far the default Google Assistant that you get after you set up your Google assistant for the first time on your Android device. However, if you want to change the voice to a male voice model, you can even do that as well.
Changing the voice on your Google Assistant will not add new functionalities to the assistant but it can at least be fun for you, and you can stand out from the crowd. Changing the voice of your assistant from a female voice to the male voice, or vice versa is easier than you think, and I will talk about, how you can do that for your Android phone, here. As this change is not permanent, you can always switch to the previous voice on your assistant, exactly the same way anytime you want. With time, Google might even add additional voices to the Google Assistant feature on Android phones, but that is yet to be seen when.
So, without any further delay, let’s get started with how you can change the voice of your Google Assistant on your Android phone.
Changing the voice of Google Digital Assistant
- The first task is to open ‘Google Settings’. To do that, tap on the Google search bar on your home, and tap on the small ‘Google’ icon on the top-left corner of the app.
- Now tap on the triple dot icon saying ‘More’, and then tap on ‘Settings’.
- Now in the ‘Settings’ menu, tap on ‘Google Assistant’.
- Now you can find various options to set for your Google Assistant. But you have to tap on the ‘Assistant’ tab, and then tap on ‘Assistant Voice’.
- Here, you can find the voice assistants with the colour red and orange. the ‘Red’ colour is the colour of the female voice assistant, which is probably configured to be used. Just tap on the other colour, i.e. ‘Orange’ to choose the male voice of the assistant.
If for any reason, the male voice is selected as default, you can switch to the female voice by typing on the red colour and get the female voice of the Google Assistant, enabled on your Android device. After you have changed the voice of your Google Digital Assistant, simply tap on the home button or use the back button multiple times to get back to the home screen and carry on with using your smartphone. Now, each time you call the voice assistant, ask any question or set a reminder, the male voice of the Google Assistant will be at your service.
So that was a simple, small and fun tutorial to change the voice of a digital assistant on your Android smartphone and find something interesting. Do you have any questions? Feel free to comment on the same below.