Now you can edit any WhatsApp message after sending it with errors or mistakes.
WhatsApp is the most used application to send messages throughout the world. It is the most popular messaging app and people really rely on this application for any personal or professional texts. It has so many features and options that a user can use for various reasons and provide privacy to your important data. Not only text, but we can also share photos, videos, audio, and documents via this app to any of our contacts that are on the platform.
When we type and send a message, mistakes can happen at any moment. From typing mistakes to grammatical mistakes to spelling mistakes anything can happen. Or when you type a message in a hurry, the chances of making mistakes are higher that time. Previously, editing any mistake like this was not available once you tapped the send button. But now you can edit the text even after sending the message. Within 15 minutes of sending a message, you can edit it out to rectify any error.
Here is how you can edit sent messages on WhatsApp:
For Android Users
- Go to your WhatApp from your Android phone.
- Open a conversation.
- Press and hold the message long enough to select it.
- From the upper right corner, click the three-dotted line.
- Select Edit from the pop-up list.
- Edit the message and press the checkmark.
- Your message will be edited and can be seen with an Edited label for both the sender and receiver.
For iPhone Users
- Hop on to your WhatsApp from your iPhone.
- Open the conversation.
- Tap a message that you have sent recently long enough to select it.
- Select Edit from the menu that appears.
- Edit it out and tap the checkmark.
- The message will appear with the Edited label.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Then open a conversation.
- Just right-click on the message you want to edit.
- Tap Edit. The existing message will be shown in the same position.
- Edit the message.
- Checkmark it to send the edited one.
- Get to the WhatsApp for Mac.
- Just open a
- Then right-click on the message.
- From the pop-up window, select Edit.
- Edit the message and checkmark to send it.
These are the ways to edit your WhatsApp message on different devices that you perform whenever you need it.