Most of us begin our browsing session with just one Google search. Based on what we are looking for, sometimes the results are exactly what we are looking for, and sometimes they are irrelevant, to say the least. Thanks to ChatGPT by OpenAI, we can simply ask our questions and see ChatGPT typing the answer for us.
So, if we can’t get the results that we are looking for, we have to sign in to ChatGPT and hope it has a solution for us. But what if we could reduce one step and get search results for Google and answers from ChatGPT on one page with just one search? Yes, that is possible, and I will talk about how you can do that, today in this tutorial on How2shout.
So, without any further delay, let’s get started with how to get results from ChatGPT right on the Google search page and get exactly what you are looking for.
The basic requirement to get ChatGPT results in Google search results is that you should use Google Chrome or any other Chromium-based web browser, like Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi, Brave browser, etc.
Now let’s dig into the topic.
Get ChatGPT results in Google search
- Open the Chrome Web Store, and search for ChatGPT Plus for Google extension. You can also follow the link to directly land on the page and download the Chrome extension.
- Click on the ‘Get’ button to download and install the extension on your browser.
- Once you are ready, open Google.com.
*Don’t worry if you use the address bar to directly search on Google, without visiting. You have to do it only once on start or keep signed in to ChatGPT in the browser where the extension is installed.
- On Google.com, you should find the ChatGPT Plus icon in the bottom right corner of the UI. Click on it, and you should find the option to log in to ChatGPT.
- In the next step, you will be redirected to the ChatGPT login page. Just log in to ChatGPT in the usual way.
- After you are logged in, start searching for something on Google. You can either search by directly typing the keyword in the address bar or search for what you are looking for, from Google.com.
- Here’s a sample search, and you can see, that results from ChatGPT are also available besides the regular Google search results.
- Here, you can not just see the results, but can also continue your conversation with ChatGPT by clicking on ‘Continue dialog’ in the ChatGPT results panel.
- Hence type in the question again and wait for ChatGPT to do the rest.
So, that’s how to unify Google search results and ChatGPT results on one page. While ChatGPT can often deliver incorrect responses for certain contexts, it can generate noteworthy and useful responses for most others. Information available to ChatGPT is currently limited and hence if you are searching for answers to certain questions related to the latest world events, ChatGPT can’t deliver correct answers. However, this trick is really going to make your experience of using the web better.
So, that’s how to search on Google and get results from ChatGPT on the same page. Do you have any questions? Feel free to comment on the same below.