The latest version of Fedors 31 2019 is now available to download with some changes such as GNOME 3.34, removal of default Docker packages, Python 3 and more. So, if you are on Fedora 30 and want to upgrade to Fedora 31, here is the command line tutorial. However, before performing below steps make sure to have a backup of your crucial things residing on this Linux OS.
- Open Command terminal in your Fedora 30.
- First, update and upgrade the current packages of the system for that the command is
sudo dnf upgrade --refresh
- Install the DNF plugin to initiate the up-gradation process:
sudo dnf install dnf-plugin-system-upgrade
- Start upgrading Fedora 30 to 31 using the below command:
sudo dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=31
- Finally, reboot your system to finalize the upgrade process:
sudo dnf system-upgrade reboot
In this way, we can quickly upgrade our old Fedora 30 to the latest Fedora 31.