Technology is considered to be the main factor deciding the global economic growth of a country. Technology has given rise to the leisure class in the world. New innovations have always affected the values of society and raised new questions on development. Technology comes under the systematic knowledge of science and engineering of all the mechanisms around the world.
There is a weird connection between science, technology, and engineering. The relationship indicates that technology is often a consequence of science and technology together. Technology is basically an application of science to accomplish the desired function. Various theories of technology predict the forthcoming development and growth rate in science. Technological advancements are designed to enhance the capabilities of people and expand human possibilities.
Talking about the modern technology, it is just simply the advance level of older technology. The roots are same, only the machinery and the way of completing a task has changed. The impact of technology has both pros and cons. Sometimes, the impact brings out such a massive amount of change in our lives that we thank the development but on the other hand the implementation of the modern technology can be very devastating.
Technology is in everything- there is Gas turbine technology, home automation technology, information and communication technology, medical technology, music technology, space technology and other uncountable technologies. It is impossible to know every detail of every new technology. Also, technological inventions are the important component of productivity and also knowing the economy of the world.
India is also a leading country in science and technology field. There are always times when Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) making headlines in the newspapers and news channels. India has realized that technology is the key element of economic growth and thus under the guidance and leadership of Prime Minister – Narendra Modi is fully focused on science and technology. In terms of communication technology, India is growing at a faster rate. The Information and communication technology has a very positive impact on the poverty rate of India. The ICT has been made compulsory in the education system of the country for the betterment of the future.
The evolution in technology brought new generations of technology. First came the 1G technology is also known as the first generation of wireless cellular technology. This was first launched in 1979, in the metropolitan area of Tokyo, Japan. The launch was done by Nippon, Telegraph, and Telephone (NTT) in 1979. Within 5 years, the NTT network became the first nationwide 1G network. 2G the short form for second generation cellular technology was in next in line. It was commercially launched in Finland by Radiolinja in 1991.
2G introduced the data services for mobile phones and started the SMS text messages. The radio signals of 1G are analog and that of 2G are digital. Later, 2.5G and 2.75G suppressed the 2G technology. In 2001, 3G technology marked a new development. This was the third generation of the technology. 3G offers greater flexibility and services by making more efficient use of mobile bandwidth than 2G. It allows mobile operators to offer more services options to their users, including mobile broadband.
Although 4G technology is becoming increasingly available in the UK, 3G remains the dominant broadband technology. Talking about the next generation we have the 4G technology, which refers to the speed of wireless connectivity. The fully compliant 4G technology is still in development.
5G stands for the fifth generation of wireless technologies and it will be faster than 4G. 5G is considered to be the latest iteration of cellular technology. In addition to speed, capacity, and latency, 5G offers network management features and network slicing being the major one. Here are some highlighted points which give a brief yet a clear information on 5G technology:
- The modern development of 5G technology is being led by Intel and Qualcomm. Nokia, Huawei, Ericsson, ZTE, and Samsung are monitoring the infrastructure of 5G technology. The launch is expected to be in 2020.
- Beyond mobile operators, 5G is expected to be widely used for private networks in IOT field, critical communication, and enterprise networking.
- 5G is expected to be the combination of two views, the hyper-connected vision which basically incorporates all the existing technologies and put them on steroids and the other one is the next generation radio access technology in which data rate is strictly defined.
- A 5G connection must have a data rate of at least 100 megabits per second when in the metropolitan area. It is going to have a superior spectral efficiency, signaling efficiency and coverage compared to 4G.
- The fourth generation 4G long-term evolution ( LTE) wireless technology provides the foundation for 5G.
- The most fundamental advantage of 5G technology will be the speed. It is expected to be roughly 1000 times better than 4G technology. It should be able to download at a rate of 30 gigabytes per second.
- T-mobile, Sprint, and Verizon already have started testing versions of this new technology.
- The IEEE i.e. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers has suggested the future key services of 5G technology. The examples are the smart grid, smart medicine, connected cars and sensors creating the environment of the Internet of things.
- 5G technology can be used in the automatic driverless car also. It resolves the problem by reducing the latency caused by 4g technology. It helps the car and data centers to connect and communicate without any delay, thus allowing them to make the necessary decisions.
- Many multiple new technologies are expected to be incorporated into 5G such as radio specifications, beamforming, edge computing, convergence, network virtualization and next-generation traffic protocol.
All industries will feel the effects of the shift to 5G. This technology is expected to bring about a dramatic transformation in our daily lives. This unprecedented innovation will create a different economy. The survey says that 5G has the potential to unlock up to $12.3 trillion of revenue across a broad range of industries.
The services provided by this technology will bring a massive change in IOT world and fuel sustainable long-term growth in annual global GDP. This technology will accelerate new innovations and inventions. 91% of the study’s respondents feel that 5G will enable new products and services that have yet to be invented. 5G will lead to smarter cities, homes and even healthier people. We wish that 5G technology enters our lives quickly and make it easier.
Is Notepad++ Used for Programming?
Digital Transformation of the Salon Industry- By Mr. Ayush Ahuja, Co-Founder of Zalon
Best Security Features of Well-known Social Media Platforms
Internet Web Cookies: A Guide to Personalized Privacy Online
What are the main five types of Cybersecurity?
How to install and use the same WhatsApp account on up to 4 smartphones