Likee App which launched in 2017 in India, another popular short video creation platform just like Tiktok, recently has announced a few updates. Out of them, one is Parental Control.
As we know, the smartphone is now in the access of everyone whether it is a school kid or elderly person; also one of the main source of entertainment with apps Likee. However, as we know daily hundreds of people creating videos on Likee and other such short videos platforms, in such scenario there is no doubt some of the content would not be good for children. Thus, keeping the apprehensions of the parents in mind, the Likee, introduced the Parental control feature for creating a safe environment for online activities on its platform.
This security feature will allow parents or guardians to filter out the content on Likee app those are not appropriate for underage teen users. Also, the brand has added one extra ‘e’ in its name and it becomes Likee, earlier it was LIKE only. As per the company, it shows their efforts, they are making for its Indian audiences.
Well, let’s talk about the main topic:
How to activate the Parental Control in Likee app?
The user can activate and deactivate the Parental Control of Likee with help of a secure password, here is the way to enable it.
- First of all, update your Likee app to its latest version from the Google Play Store or iOS App store.
- After that open the Likee app.
- Tap on the Profile icon given on the left side.
- Now, scroll down until you find an option called “Parental Control”.
- Tap on the ‘Enable Parental Controls‘ button of Red colour.
- It will ask you to a Set Password, enter the one which you want to use.
- Again the same to confirm password.
- Now the Parental Control has been activated successfully.
- To deactivate it, again go to Settings->Parental Control and tap on the Disable button.
In this way, we can enable this feature, however, after it, the user will not be able to send or receive a private message, Live streaming videos, Nearby section, pop-up messages, the discovery of user-profiles, furthermore, it limits the purchase only to Likee’s diamonds and beans which safes kids from spending money accidentally.