Microsoft recently released the v0.41.2 version of the PowerToys tool. However, because of some stability issues/signature errors the developer has released a small update via v0.41.3, however, there is no update in terms of features.
This update mainly focuses on stability and optimization, but it also brings a brand new tool-Awake, which allows power users (Power-Users) to keep their computers awake now on demand.
Download PowerToys v0.41.3 for Windows 10 or 11
PowerToys v0.41.2 update includes a tool for renaming files, a keyboard manager and application launcher, image resizer, color picker, microphone mute, and more.
- The shortcut key guide cancels the support for long-pressing the Win key to activate. Win +? Is now supported by default.
- Turn off the magnetic capture function of FancyZones canvas editor to allow keyboard support.
- Updated OOBE’s color picker GIF.
- The obsolete MSIX code has been removed.
- Upgrade all projects to Modern WPF 0.94.
- Removed the support for module interface API to save settings.
- Removed the dependency on WinStore.
- Improved the automatic update experience in PowerToys settings.
- The general error report information has been updated to make it more robust.
- Improved the layout of the radio button group. The image and menu of OOBE have been updated.
- Localization update.
- Added a new wake-up tool! Power users can now keep their computers awake on demand without having to manage their power settings.
- Improved the zoom function of the color picker.
- Prevent duplicate colors from appearing in the selection history.
- Improve user experience and better support keyboard navigation.
- The description of the OOBE hotkey is corrected.
- Full keyboard support for the main window and context of the FANCYZONES editor.
- The new one supports faster layout selection, double-click the desired layout from the editor, automatically apply it and close the editor.
- The new area activation behavior allows the user to grab the window to the center of the area closest to the cursor.
- Added the process icon of FancyZones.
- Fixed the problem of partitioning the minimized window.
- Fixed some accessibility errors
- It is now an independent exe, separated from the runner process.
File Explorer Add-Ons
- Adjusted the line-breaking behavior of Markdown to make it less strict, so that the behavior of the add-on is more like the implementation of GitHub.
- Fixed an error in the custom size option, that is, leaving the height/width value blank results in a 1 x 1 square pixel output. Now, the blank value is automatically adjusted to the set height/width.
- Fixed the crash of File Explorer when running PowerRename.
- Fixed multiple crashing errors.
- New unit converter plugin! Use the default activation phrase %% to activate in the query prompt. For example %% 10 ft in m.
- New Windows settings plugin! Search for specific Windows settings in PowerToys Run, using the default activation phrase $ and the desired settings. For example: $ Add/Remove Programs or $ Device:.
- The URL plug-in has been updated so that it can quickly launch the default browser with action keywords, which defaults to //.
- Added remainder/modulus support for the calculator plug-in through the% operator.
- Start faster from the improved Win32 program index.
- The search text results now highlight the matching characters entered.
Settings / Welcome to POWER TOYS
- Corrected the key binding information of the color picker.
- Customize key bindings from the settings menu.
- Move the shortcut key guide out of the running program to eliminate unnecessary interdependence.
- Updated the dependency on .NET Core to 3.1.15.
- By preventing the updater from downloading files that have been cached, network traffic consumption is reduced.
To download the latest PowerToy version, visit its Github page.