Technology has brought a drastic change in our lives and it has influenced everything whether directly or indirectly. All these have given rise to a large number of job opportunities and this IT analyst is just one of them. In this article, I will cover all the things related to the job profile of an IT Analyst, so without any further delay let us quickly get to the point.
Educational Requirements and Skill Sets
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or any other related field.
- Understanding of SharePoint and Microsoft Office Suite
- In-depth knowledge of HTML and very good programming knowledge.
- A good hold in IT standards like – SSAE SOC2, ISO 270001, PCI, HIPAA/HITECH, CSA/CSM, NIST.
- Familiarity with current and latest trends of IT and related technology.
- Must have a strong understanding of IT security and risks of the network.
- Creative mindset and an amazing set of problem-solving abilities.
- Experience of project management.
- Very good communication skills.
You will be responsible for very crucial and important work and a large set of stuff of organisation will depend on you. You will have to design and implement affordable and effective IT systems. You will also be responsible for setting priorities for user requirements, to look after system upgrades, and searching for new tools constantly. You should be able to understand the needs and requirements of business and keep on updating with the latest technology. Very sharp communication skills are required for this task and you should be able to understand all the needs and problems of customers and then solve them. You should be able to provide technical solutions in a timely manner for the upliftment of your organisation.
- You will be responsible for contacting with the stakeholders and understanding their needs and requirements.
- You will have to develop and update the functional specifications.
- You will have to design IT systems to meet with the business and technology needs.
- You will be assisting developers to make and launch various technology solutions.
- You will have to sum up a number of systems and then provide them to the various groups and teams of the organisations.
- You will have to collect feedback from the customers about the performance and then deliver quick solutions if needed.
- You will have to plan and monitor a number of projects, like – upgrades, and installation of hardware and software.
- You will have to provide advice and technical training.
- You will have to keep a close eye on the latest technological trends and developments and then implement the same in your organisation whenever needed.
The scope of an IT analyst is very bright in India as we have already become a huge IT and technology hub and some of the Indian cities like – Bangalore, Gurgaon, Noida, Pune, etc are unofficially also known as IT or technology cities. This IT revolution is only going to increase further and further and soon many more cities are going to follow the same trend and this only means that there will be a lot of job opportunities for you. And let me surprise you again with the fact that still, there are many vacant jobs of the same profile but the only thing that is lacking is the talent to fill these vacant posts. Therefore, you only need to work hard with full mind and soul without worrying about these issues and ultimately achieve your goal.