The GoDaddy has enhanced its web security to help the customers to make their websites protect, clean and free of malware. GoDaddy website security product is now powered by the recently acquired Sucuri security which already helps to protect millions of websites including WordPress based. If you are on WordPress, Sucuri also offered a free WordPress security plugin with limited features.
The Sucuri powered GoDaddy Website security offers following benefits and features:
- Unlimited malware removal & hack repair
- Advanced security monitoring–Different from blacklist and malware monitoring includes DNS, SSL and WhoIs change notification, spam list monitoring, and uptime monitoring.
- Security analysts for advanced issues
- Protection for unlimited pages within a single website
- Google blacklist monitoring & removal: Google will blacklist sites that could be considered dangerous to visitors, which makes it nearly impossible for people to find you. We identify and resolve any blacklisting issues, so there’s no interruption to your business.
- File change monitoring
- SSL certificate
- Ongoing scanning and removal
- Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Mitigation
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) accelerator: As per the Godaddy their Content Delivery Network (CDN) stores content on multiple servers around the world and speeds up your website’s performance by at least 50%.
Comparison of Plans offered by the GoDaddy Website Security:
All the plans are paid and made according to the user requirements but the response time is different according to the plans.
What is response time?
When malware is detected and a cleanup request has been initiated, GoDaddy will start the remediation process within 12 hours or 30 minutes – depending on the plan.
The Express plan is the premium plan of GoDaddy website security which gives the surety to remove the malware from a website in only 30 minutes, once the malware has detected and clean up request has been initiated. It also offers all the features and benefits listed above in this article such as unlimited malware removal, Google blacklist monitoring & removal, WAF malware prevention and CDN performance accelerator. The Price of Express Plan is $314.99/yr and in India it is 11,699.00/yr.
Deluxe: The Deluxe plan features are exactly same as the Express one and the only difference between them is the malware removal time. The GoDaddy team will start the malware remediation process in 12 hours while in the Express it is in 30 minutes. The price of Deluxe is $21.99/month and in India it is 779.00/month.
Essential: This is lowest priced plan with all essential security features. The malware removal response time is same as the Deluxe– 12 hours and the features those are not available in this plan are SSL certificate, Advanced DDoS mitigation, Web Application Firewall (WAF), and Performance accelerator (CDN). The price is $6.99/month and 275.00/month in India.
The plans offered by the Sucuri are costly then the GoDaddy but if you are using hosting service other than GoDaddy, in that case, the Sucuri is the best option. The website security features in Sucuri are same to the GoDaddy.