We all use Google Assistant to ask several questions, like the weather, movie ratings, and much more. Google Assistant sometimes become an alternative to the regular search option, if you are reluctant to type. Considering everything, Google Assistant is a helpful tool for most Android users, and similar tools are available for all the major platforms, like Siri for iOS and Cortana for Microsoft. But there are several tasks, Google Assistant is capable of, but most people don’t know about the same. A few of them include the ability to recognize a piece of music playing in the background, listen to articles on the web, and much more. That’s just the tip of the iceberg as you can do a lot more with Google Assistant.
One such ability is to ask Google Assistant to play your favorite shows on Netflix without searching for the show across the Netflix catalog that can be time-taking. This might not be useful for everybody, but if you are looking for the most seamless way to stream your favorite shows on Netflix, it is quite fancy to ask Google Assistant to ‘Play Game of Thrones on Netflix‘ and let Google Assistant do the rest for you. This can be useful if you can’t find your favorite show or movie on Netflix, but you can’t wait to watch it. But before Google Assistant does the wonder for you, you first need to connect your Netflix account to Google Assistant, and I will talk about how you can do that, here.
So, without any further delay, let’s get started with, how you can connect or link your Netflix account to Google, and enjoy seamless playback.
Link Netflix with Google Assistant to control shows via voice
- Tap on the Google Search app on your Android home screen. After that, tap on ‘More’.
- In the menu that appears, tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Note that you can also come here from within Android system settings, but that involves going through several steps, and thus, it is not advisable.
- In the ‘Settings’ menu, tap on ‘Google Assistant’.
- In the Google Assistant settings menu, tap on the ‘Videos & Photos’ button under the ‘Services’ tab.
- Here, you can connect your Netflix account, as well as your ‘YouTube Kids‘ account. But, today, the story is limited to, how to link a Netflix account. Just tap on ‘Link’ corresponding to ‘Netflix’.
- You will get a message showing you the advantages of linking your Netflix account with Google. Just tap on ‘Link Account’ in the message that appears.
- Now, you will have to choose the browser that you want to open, for login. You can use Chrome or a browser of your choice.
- After that, you will get the regular Netflix login screen. The login screen is self-explanatory, and login, just like you do on other websites.
- In the next step, you will have to choose the profile that you want to use, for connecting your Netflix account with Google Assistant, by tapping on the profile name.
- After the connection is confined, tap on ‘Confirm’.
- Now, just ask Google Assistant to play your show on Netflix, and enjoy it.
- If you want to unlink your Netflix account or your want to the change the Netflix profile linked with Google account, go to where you connected the Netflix account, and tap on ‘Manage’ to manage your account, like changing the profile, or ‘Unlink’ to unlink the Netflix account from Google Assistant.
- You can unlink with just a single tap, however, you will be redirected to the web browser, if you want to manage your linked account. This is a small, yet useful feature of Netflix and Google Assistant that you should know about.
So, that was all about, how you can link your Netflix account with Google Assistant and enjoy watching your favorite shows with just your voice. Do you have any questions? Feel free to comment on the same below.