Snaptube is not available on the Google Play store like other common apps, so to install Snaptube on Android smartphones users need to download its APK file manually. Here we learn how to do that.
There are many scenarios where we need to download some online video directly on our Android devices and SnapTube is just fulfilling that requirement. It allows users to download videos and music from various online platforms and that is the reason why Snaptube is not available on the Google Play Store due to its video downloading capabilities.
Please Note: You have to beware that some platforms would consider downloading videos without their permission as a violation of their terms and conditions. Therefore, make sure you are downloading content just for your personal use, not to distribute.
Step 1: Enable Unknown Sources
To install any third-party APK file that is not sourced from the Google Play store we need to enable the “Unknown Sources” option on your Android phone. For that on your smartphone follow the given steps:
- Go to “Settings” on your Android device.
- Navigate to “Security” or “Privacy,” depending on your device.
- Look for the “Unknown Sources” option and toggle it on to allow installations from unknown sources.
Step 2: Download the Latest Snaptube APK
As we know the Snaptube is not available on the Google Play store, therefore, download its latest version via its official website or from a trusted APK repository such as APKmirror, UPToDown, etc.
Follow the given steps:
- Open your Android smartphone’s web browser such as Google Chrome or any other.
- Visit the official Snaptube website or a popular Google Play alternative app store to get APK.
- Here, we are using the official website.
- So, on its website, tap on the “SnapTube Download” button to start the APK file downloading.
Step 3: Install the Snaptube APK
Once you have the Snaptube APK downloaded on your device, we can start its installation process given below.
- Find the downloaded Snaptube APK file which you have downloaded using the browser.
- You can have it by opening the “Downloads” folder on your Android phone or using a file manager app to locate the downloaded APK file.
- Once you find the Snaptube APK file, tap to open it and start the installation process.
- If prompted, review the permissions required by the app, and then tap “Install” to proceed.
Step 4: Launch Snaptube and Grant Permissions
After the installation is complete, you can launch your Snaptube App on Android like any other. Find its icon on your app drawer or home screen and tap on the icon to launch it.
Upon the first launch, Snaptube may ask for specific permissions to access your device’s storage and media files. Grant the necessary permissions to allow the app to function correctly.
Step 5: Start Downloading Videos with Snaptube:
Now that Snaptube is successfully installed on your Android phone, you can use it to download videos and music from various platforms.
Follow these steps to download videos:
- Open the Snaptube app and then tap on the search bar to find the video from various sources you want to download such as YouTube, Facebook, and more.
- Once you got the video you want then either tap the “Download” arrow icon given right in front of the video or open it.
- And after that, you see a yellow color download button. Tap on it to select the desired video quality and format.
- The download will begin, and you can find the downloaded videos in the “Downloads” section of the Snaptube app.
So, this was a quick tutorial on how you can safely download the latest version of the Snapube APK file on your Android smartphone. We also have discussed the steps of how to use the app further to get the videos on your device from various sources. However, remember to use Snaptube responsibly and respect copyright laws while downloading content for personal use only.