Tutorial to enable Windows 10 security pin for faster and safer login to computer and also know how to switch from Password to Pin on Windows 10 login screen?
Almost all of us have a password for our user account on our computers so that nobody else can get access to our system without permission. Just like the other versions of Windows, on Windows 10 as well, you can set a password for your account to keep away unauthorized people from accessing your system. But Windows 10 is is the latest version of Windows and it comes with a lot of improvement over the previous versions of Windows. That said, besides password to login to Windows, there are also and a number of other sign-in methods that can be utilized for more security.
The Windows Hello sign-in can help you to sign in with your face, which ensures nobody else gets access to your system unless you are actually present in front of a computer. Besides that, you can even use your fingerprint login to your Windows computer and you can simply do that, as long as your smartphone has a fingerprint scanner. To know more about, how you can use your mobile phone’s fingerprint login to your Windows computer, you can find the tutorial- enable fingerprint login on Windows 10. On Windows 10, the user account is directly synced with the Live account, which means the password for your Windows Live account should be used to log into your Windows 10 computer. If you think there are people around you, and you don’t want others to see your Windows as well as Live account password, you can simply use a pin to log in to your Windows computer.
Using the pin is another sign-in method that you can use to log into your Windows 10 user account. The pin is not synced with your Windows Live account, which means you can use the sign-in method to never worry about your actual Windows Live account password being seen by others around you. So, without any further delay, let’s get started with how you can use a Windows 10 pin security to log in computer.
How to enable Pin to switch from password login on Windows 10
- Click on the Windows start menu and then click on ‘Settings’.
- Now click on ‘Accounts’ in the settings menu.
- By default, all the account information will be displayed to you. Here, you have to click on ‘Sign-in options’. In the ‘Sign-in options’, click on the option that says ‘Windows Hello PIN’.
- Now, click on ‘Add’.
- Now the Microsoft Windows Accounts window will open in front of you. Simply click on ‘Next’.
- Now enter your Windows Live account password, which you use to log into your Windows computer and your Live account, and click on ‘Sign in’.
- Now you will have to enter the pin to twice. Just the same way you do while creating a new password.
- By default, you can only use numbers in the pin, however, you can even use a combination of letters, numbers and special characters by marking the option that says, ‘Include letters and symbols’.
- Finally, click on ‘OK’.
- The pin should contain at least 4 numbers or characters, and it should contain a series of numbers like 1234, 1111, or anything of that sort.
- To change the password to pin on windows 10 login screen, simply click on ‘Sign-in options’ in the Windows 10 login screen, and click on the pin icon.
- Now, simply enter the pin to login.
By using the pin, you will not have to hit the enter key, as well, which makes login even faster. Among the different login methods available, using the pin is one of the best options, as it does not require any additional hardware like Windows Hello sign-in that uses a camera to see the face or fingerprint for biometric recognition.
So, that was all about how you can use a pin to sign in to your Windows computer. Do you have any questions? Feel free to comment on the same below.