On May 17, the Oneplus has officially released a new generation OnePlus 6 smartphones in India, which is an upgraded model of One plus 5T released at the end of last year. So, what is the difference between one plus 6 and one plus 5T?
Here we bring One plus 6 and 5T specs and feature comparison to see what are the key differences.
First look at the One plus 6 and One plus 5T hardware specs comparison:
One plus 5T and one plus 6 Specification Comparison
|Comparison models||One plus 5T||One plus 6|
|Display||6.01 inch 2160×1080 pixels (18:9 AMOLED full screen)||6.28 inches 2280×1080 resolution (19:9 full screen )|
|CPU model||Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (64-bit eight cores)||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (64-bit eight-core)|
|ROM storage||64GB/128GB||64GB/128GB/ 256GB|
|Camera||Front 16MP (IMX371) and rear 20 MP (IMX376) + 16 MP (IMX398) dual cameras||Front 16 MP and rear 16 MP ( IMX 519 ) + 20 MP (IMX376K) dual cameras|
|Battery capacity||3300mAh (supports DASH flash memory)|
|Network||2G,3G,4G (support dual card dual standby and Volte)|
|Operating system||Oxygen OS (based on Android 7.1 but Android 8.1 upgraded)||Oxygen OS (based on Android 8.1)|
|Dimensions||156.1x75x7.2mm (162g)||155.7×75.4×7.75 mm (177g)|
|Color||Sandstone white, stars black, lava red (metal body)||Bright porcelain black, black rock, crescent moon ( glass body )|
|Price||INR 32,999 (6GB+64GB) / INR 37,999 (8GB+128GB)||INR 34,999 (6+64GB) / INR 39,999 (8+128GB) / INR 44,999 (8+256GB)|
|Other features||Full Screen, Dual Camera, Fingerprint Identification, Face Recognition, NFC||Bezel less full screen, dual cameras, fingerprint recognition, facial recognition, NFC, water resistance.|
From the price comparison point of view, One plus 6 is equivalent to One plus 5T but expensive INR 2000 and launched in more versions, and a customized version Marvel edition’s price is relatively expensive a lot.
In terms of hardware, One plus 6 and One plus 5T are mainly differences in screens, processors, cameras, etc., and the battery capacity remains the same. In addition, One plus 6 compared to One plus 5T in the appearance there are major changes, including design style and body material are different. Below, we listed some comparison points of the appearance, screen, performance, Camera, and other differences.
- One plus 6 and One plus 5T obvious difference in terms of design, the first is a Oneplus 6 launched this year used the more popular glass body design, while the previous generation One plus 5T has the metal body. In addition, the two are different in the body size.
- One plus 6 uses a larger 6.28 inch 19:9 full screen, while one plus 5T is a full 18:9 screen. Obviously, the screen ratio of One plus 6 is obviously higher, and the looks even more slender.
- The One-plus-6 back is a 3D glass backshell, with no abrupt antenna lines, and adopts an intermediate symmetrical aesthetic design. The rear dual camera and fingerprint sensor are all symmetrically centered. Pm the other hand, One plus 5T has a U-shaped antenna metal rear shell design, parallel dual camera design, camera, fingerprint sensor, Logo did not use symmetrical design.
- In other aspects, One plus 6 and One plus 5T are all metal design, with little difference on the side. However, from the point of view of other design parameters, one plus 6 is thicker than One plus 5T.
- On the screen side, One plus 6 is a bit larger than the One plus 5T. In addition, the 19:9 screen appears to be more slender, and the screen takes up a higher percentage. The visual effect is relatively better. In terms of picture quality, both the One plus 6 and 5T are all 1080P full HD level, and all use excellent AMOLED screens, with similar quality.
- Performance, One plus 6 is equipped with Qualcomm’s strongest 845 eight-core processor while One plus 5T uses the last year’s Qualcomm’s 835 flagships eight-core processor. Obviously, on performance, One plus 6 is stronger. The following is a comparison of these two CPUs.
|Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 and 835 basic specifications comparison|
|Comparison models||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845||Qualcomm Snapdragon 835|
|CPU||Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo & 4×1.7 GHz )||Octa-core (4×2.45 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo)|
|GPU||Adreno 630||Adreno 540|
|CPU core||8 cores||8 cores|
|LTE||Baseband X20||Baseband X16|
- From the angle of CPU, it can be seen that the Snapdragon 845 has a higher clock speed than the Snapdragon 835 CPU, and the built-in higher specification, GPU graphics performance, and higher baseband version.
- The Snapdragon 845 is the top processor of the moment, Snapdragon 835 is a high-end processor, the former higher level. Of course, as far as experience is concerned, the performance of the Snapdragon 835 is still sufficient, and large-scale 3D games can run smoothly. However, the Snapdragon 845 can better meet future game masterpieces and will be eliminated later than Snapdragon 835.
- On the camera side, One plus 6 and One plus 5T are both a combination of a 16MP front camera and a rear 16 MP + 20 MP dual cameras. However, the sensors used by these two phones are different.
- One plus 5T rear main camera used sensor is the same OPPO R15 IMX 519 sensor, which is Sony’s new top sensor of this year, compared to One plus 5T which is equipped with step lower IMX371. In simple terms, One plus 6 looks like has the same camera to Oneplus 5T , but in fact, there will be a significant increase in the camera.
From a comprehensive comparison point of view, One plus 6 compared to One plus 5T is significantly upgraded in appearance, performance, and Camera. In other words, One plus 6 looks more beautiful, more powerful performance, better pictures, and the price is only about INR 2000 more expensive. If you planning to purchase the new OnePlus then you can go for the Oneplus 6, but If you already have the Oneplus 5T then there is no need to upgrade it to Oneplus 6. Also, both Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 5T are not available online easily and most e-commerce websites show it out of stock.