The new status feature of WhatsApp is given some features like Instagram and Snapchat. The new future move shows in WhatsApp’s status feature shifting the app from only text messages to something creative and allow you put an Image, GIF or Video on status. The Facebook-owned Whatsapp’s new feature gives some taste of Snapchat, like the updated Image status will automatically remove after 24 hours. This new WhatsApp feature where you can tell you friends about your whole day by setting up multiple updates, which play one after the other. The previous status feature was a single text line but now you can say about yourself more interactively by using Images. Here is step by step guide to update the new WhatsApp Status feature.
What happened to my old text WhatsApp status?
The Old text one line status “Hi there, I’m using WhatsApp”? Well, that’s gone. Now everything is colourful with images.
How can I set a photo or video as my WhatsApp status?
If you are new to the WhatsApp’s new feature and want to know how to create a WhatsApp Status using the Status option:
- Go to WhatsApp app and open it.
- Go to Status option and Tap to open it.
- Under the Status option, you will see My Status option tap on it. If you’ve already got a status, tap the little circle with a + sign on the top right.
- Take a photo by pressing the shutter button, or hold the button for a video. Or select one from the camera roll at the bottom of the screen.
- Add a caption if you want by tapping on Add a caption, and then tap on the Send icon at the bottom right.
- You can tap on it to view or press the menu button on the right side to check how many people have seen the update or to forward it. Tap on the eye icon to see the names of the people.
- The WhatsApp status will disappear in 24 hours.
How do I delete my WhatsApp Status?
You can easily delete these updates. This is how you can delete your WhatsApp Status:
- Open WhatsApp obviously.
- Go to the Status tab. Scroll to find the status you want to delete.
- Tap on the eye icon that shows how many people have seen the status.
- This will show a list of the people who viewed your status.
- Tap the trash icon, and tap Delete to confirm.
How do I edit privacy settings of WhatsApp Status?
You can set it so that only specific WhatsApp contacts can see your status, or you can make a list of contacts who can’t see these, or set it to show to all your contacts.
This is how you can change the privacy settings of your WhatsApp Status:
- Once again, naturally, open WhatsApp.
- Go to Status and tap on the Three dots menu icon on the top right, and tap on Status privacy.
- Alternatively, you can tap on the menu button in the main chats screen and open Settings > Account > Privacy > Status.
- There are three options here, My contacts, which is all your contacts; My contacts except.., which lets you pick contacts to exclude; and Only share with.., which lets you pick contacts to share with.