The HMD Global has announced the launch of Nokia 8 In India. The Nokia 8 runs on Android 7.0 and features ZEISS optics. The body of Nokia 8 has uni design and aluminum body. The Price of Nokia 8 in India is Rs. 36,999/-
The Nokia 8’s “Dual-Sight” video features allows users to broadcast to Facebook or YouTube from dual cameras simultaneously in real-time. Nokia calls this feature “Bothie”. Bothie simultaneously utilizes both the front and rear cameras and presents a split screen visual for both photos and videos on the screen.
In another first, Nokia 8 employs “OZO Audio,” placing exclusive Hollywood technology in the palm of your hand. OZO spatial 360-degree audio brings a fully immersive audio experience to your 4K video, the company said.
Measuring a mere 4.6mm in thinness at the edges and just 7.3mm slim on average, Nokia 8 is created from a single block of 6000 series aluminium and has been refined through a 40-stage rigorous process of machining, anodising and polishing.
The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset paired up with 4GB of RAM and runs on pure Android. Nokia 8 is Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 compatible, meaning can be recharged in a jiffy.
The Nokia 8 comes with dual rear camers — 13 MP colour sensor combined with optical image stabilisation (OIS). 13MP monochrome sensor for low light and dedicated black and white photography. There is a 13MP phase detection auto focus front camera. Both the cameras at front and back are powered by ZEISS optics.
“Nokia 8 is the first device from Nokia on the Snapdragon 800 Mobile Platform. With an advanced 10-nanometer design, the Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform offers phenomenal mobile performance on the Nokia 8, delivering an exceptional user experience,” said Larry Paulson, Vice-President and President, Qualcomm India, at the launch.
The Nokia 8 will be available in India starting October 14 at Rs 36,999 and will come in polished blue, tempered blue and steel. Nokia 8 in polished copper will be available a few weeks later.
The Nokia 8 will also be available across Croma, Reliance, Sangeetha Mobiles, Poorvika, BigC (among others) and will be Amazon exclusive.
Jio customers will get up to 100GB additional 4G data on Nokia 8. An additional 10GB Jio 4G data with every recharge of Rs 309 or above, limited to 10 recharges till August 31.
Nokia 8 consumers will also have access to special Nokia Mobile Care Concierge Service in 50 cities across the country, the company said.
Nokia 8 Key features:
- Precision machined from a single block of 6000 series aluminum, then polished to a luxury mirror finish.
- Strong, slim, 7.9mm (7.3mm on average, 4.6mm at edge) pillowed body with variable radius curvature
- Clean and pure design, refined through a 40-stage process of machining, anodizing and polishing
- The entire process including polished mirror finish takes over 20 hours to complete.
- Built upon the cutting-edge Qualcomm SnapdragonTM 835 mobile platform.
- Full-length copper cooling pipe with graphite shield dissipates system heat across the full body of the
phone and allows maximum performance for longer.5.3” 2K (554
- 5.3” 2K (554 ppi) polarized display, protected by sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- 700 nits brightest of IPS LCD display.
- 13 MP color sensor combined with optical image stabilization (OIS). 13MP monochrome sensor for low
light and dedicated black and white photography.
- Super slim, wide-angle 13MP phase detection autofocus front camera. Both front and back with ZEISS
- The dual-sight technology uses both front and back cameras simultaneously so you can tell both sides of the
story, fusing both images together into one photo or video file.
- This unique feature allows broadcasting live directly to Facebook and YouTube with just one touch from
within the camera app.
- Relive your memories as if you were still there with 4K 30fps video and immersive high fidelity 360° spatial
- 3 microphones with Nokia acoustic technology algorithms capture the sound in incredible detail then
allow playback on your Nokia 8, YouTube and other supporting devices.
- The latest Google Android and Google Services experience in a clean, uncluttered form.
- Monthly software updates and latest Android with access to future innovations like Android “O” ready
Nokia 8 Box includes
• Nokia 8
• Quick Charger
• Charging / data cable
• Quick guide
• SIM door key
Nokia 8 Detailed Specifications:
Networks: GSM:850/900/1800/1900 WCDMA: 1, 2, 45, 5, 8 LTE:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
Network speed: LTE Cat. 9, 3CA, 450Mbps DL/50Mbps UL
OS: Android Nougat
Chipset: Qualcomm SnapdragonTM 835 mobile platform
RAM: 4 GB LPPDDR4X
Storage: 64 GB internal memory2 with external MicroSD card
slot3 (up to 256 GB support)
Form factor: Touch monoblock with capacitive system keys
Display: 5.3” 2K IPS LCD QHD(2560 x 1440), 554 ppi pixel
density, sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 5, sunlight
readability, 700 nits brightness
Camera: Primary camera: 13MP (Colour + OIS) + 13MP (Mono),
1.12um, f/2.0, 76.9 ̊, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash;
Front facing camera: 13MP PDAF, 1.12um, f/2.0, 78.4 ̊, display
Connectivity & Sensors: Dual SIM card( Not hybrid), Type C, USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps), 3.5mm
headphone jack, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor,
Accelerometer, E-compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint Sensor, Hall
sensor, Barometer, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (MIMO), BT 5.0,
GPS/AGPS+GLONASS+BDS, NFC, ANT+TM
Charging: QC 3.0 compatible, charger spec (18W, 5V/2.5A,
Battery: Integrated 3090 mAh4
Audio: MP3, M4A, AAC,OGG, WAV, AMR, AWB (AMR-WB),
FLAC, MIDI (MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA)
Video: MP4, 3GP, 3G2, AVI, MKV, WEBM
Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm (0.4mm camera bump)