Synology has launched “Surveillance Station 8.2”, a new LiveCam Security Camera App that can turn the normal smartphone into an IP camera. The Synology has made the availability for both mobile operating systems iOS and Android; from this October. According to Synology, the revamped DS offers higher performance, along with the addition of IP speakers to the hardware support list. The next generation of Application Center offers greater flexibility for application management.
Surveillance Station 8.2 includes the following new features:
- After installing the Livecam app the user can use its own smartphone as a security camera, that can be added to the Synology surveillance station as IP camera too. This can prove a handy job for the spare and old smartphones.
- The Application center, a new add-on to surveillance station that comprises up to 26 applications and utilities. The user can use the keyword search or category filter to find any particular app.
- Revamped DS cam for more streamlined viewing experience along with multi-timeline capabilities.
- Surveillance Station 8.2 supports IP speakers, now.
- Time Lapse feature to shorten the lengthy video.
- For the security of data it now with Dual Authorization.
- Live Broadcast to YouTube with no settings required.
You might like to know about: Godrej EVE Mini Wifi Network Camera Review
What are the main five types of Cybersecurity?
What is a Fork bomb? Should you worry about it?
Does Windows 11 need an antivirus along with Windows Security?
11 Best Free and Open source NAS or SAN software
What is DNS over HTTPS – Secure DNS and how does it work?
3 Ways CIOs/CISOs can Tackle Cybersecurity Challenges from Emerging Technologies