Linux is always the first choice of hackers and data centers and if are new to Linux and wants your hands on it then here is the list of best Linux distro for beginners to learn Linux all the time to learn high and lows in an easy way.
Linux is not just an OS for your personal PC instead of that you can do whatever you want you can convert to learn Big Data, Media Center, IoT, router, penetration testing, and more. Here are some evergreen best open source Linux distributions for beginners.
- Debian was born in 1993. Debian is the ancestor of many other Linux distributions, and it is still very dynamic. Optional desktop environment, supported architectures include i386, amd64, ppc, s390, ia64 m68k, sparc, alpha, arm, mips, hppa.
- Fedora: This is the famous community release of Little Red Riding Hood, one of the most popular Linux in history, the default Gnome desktop optional KDE desktop, support i386, x86_64, ppc architecture.
- OpenSUSE famous open Novell open release version, the default Gnome desktop optional KDE desktop, support i386, x86_64, ppc, ia64 architecture, using YaST management software. This is the most popular Linux distribution in Europe.
- Mandriva from France, formerly known as Mandrake Linux, is easy to use Linux, but recently it has been compared with the strong momentum of Ubuntu. The default KDE desktop, optional Gnome desktop, supports i586, x86_64 architecture.
- Ubuntu is now firmly on the top spot of desktop Linux, and various improved versions based on Ubuntu have emerged in an endless stream. In fact, Ubuntu was originally based on Debian and many other enthusiasts have also launched their own improved version while promoting the development of Ubuntu and Linux. It is also the default Gnome desktop optional KDE desktop, supporting i386, amd64, Sparc architecture.
- Linux Mint Cinnamon is another Debian based Linux operating just like Ubuntu and best for those are Windows user and beginner to Linux because of it Windows XP look interface. So, if you are looking for a Windows XP alternative Linux OS them this is one of the best for you…
- Zorin OS: You can consider it an Ubuntu-based Windows best alternative because of Windows 7 look a like interface and wide range of pre-install application from Chromium browser to office suite everything you get here. Wine and PlayOnLinux also come pre-installed to install and use the Windows applications on Linux. You can even give it a MAC look too without altering the codes.
- Elementary OS is another Ubuntu-based Linux distro, best beginners those want a MAC look a like Linux OS. As it is Ubuntu based, so the stability cannot be an issue. Elementary OS provides a clean interfaced AppCenter to install software.
- Gentoo This is one of the choices of Linux masters, Gentoo is a DIY distribution, if you want to understand Linux is the next thing you can use this release to play. Optional desktop, multi-architecture platform supports x86, sparc, amd64, ppc, ppc64, alpha, hppa, mips, ia64, and also supports ARM.
- DSL reputation is not small Damn Small Linux, for the small distribution Linux of the old machine, only a few tens of M size. The desktop is a lightweight Fluxbox that supports the i386 architecture.
- Arch advanced Linux users compile and use it, of course, all can be customized, can be used to learn Linux. Absolutely not suitable for novices, the installation is command line ~. Support i686, x86_64 architecture.
- CentOS is also very famous, the previous paragraph has also plagued the loss of the responsible person. CentOS is a product of Linux enthusiasts recompiling RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux), replacing RHEL’s trademarks, software and other content related to Red Hat’s copyright. Now our unit is in use, because it is the enterprise version, so the entertainment function is very poor. Support for i386, x86_64 architecture.
- PCLinuxOS is based on Mandrake Linux. It is an English Live CD distribution. It can also be installed on the hard disk, and domestic fans have already provided Chinese packages. The default KDE desktop, there is now a Live CD with the default Gnome desktop. Support for x86 architecture, but the Live CD is adaptable, huh, huh.
- Sabayon This is one of the most famous Gentoo-based binary distribution Linux, but it seems that there is not much domestic use. With the Live CD, you can quickly build a Gentoo environment for your computer. The default desktop KDE, optional other desktop. Support for i386, x86_64 architecture.
- KNOPPIX based on Debian distribution, Live CD form, can be used for demonstration, teaching, system recovery, etc., hardware detection and driving ability is excellent, from Germany. The desktop uses KDE and supports the x86 architecture.
- Zenwalk’s predecessor is Minislack, which is a lightweight operating system based on Slackware, which can run smoothly on old machines. The desktop is also lightweight Xfce, supporting x86 architecture.
- Slackware once Linux overlord, the original Linux distribution, even did not provide the default desktop in the early days, the software installation also uses the tgz format file + script mode. Slackware is very good at supporting antique computers. There is an old saying that “Use Red Hat and you learn about Red Hat, use Slackware and you learn about Linux”. KDE desktop, supporting x86 architecture.
Best 8 Text Editors for Python Programming
11 Best Open source IoT Platforms To Develop Smart Projects
Install Apache, PHP & MYSQL on Windows 11 | 10 using CMD
15 Best Linux Based OS for Raspberry Pi
10 Best GIT Client Alternatives To Sourcetree for Code Management
What are the Advantages of Using GitHub desktop?