Drawing is not a new thing, it has been continuously evolving for million years and now it moving towards the digitization with help of smartphones and tablets. With the help of drawing apps on our Android phone or tablet, we can express our creativeness where ever we want. It sounds crazy but there was a time when our ancestors were drawing on caves using stones and now we are here with drawing apps on phones, tablets, and computers. We all have hidden artist somewhere inside us and to make that out we need to practise and just for learning the purpose, we can’t waste papers those come at the cost of trees cut. So to save the trees, today we have listed free drawing apps those will not only help the amateur painters but also sometimes to the professional ones those can’t carry there painting material everywhere they go. Do you know out a billion of peoples only few million people are good at drawing? So, not wasting your time anymore, here are the best drawing apps for Android.
Best Free Drawing Apps For Android Phone and Tablets
The Sketch Book is a free drawing app and developed by the famous CAD company Autodesk. This is an award-winning drawing app and helps the professionals and aspiring artists to capture their ideas on the digital Android devices. You can download it from the Google Play store. This drawing app provides clean interface and tools to create beautiful digital art. The SketchBook app’s drawing and rendering engine are designed to use the full computational and GPU power of your Android phone or tablet. For getting better performance form this app be sure you have good configuration device, it is good to have a device with a stylus and good GPU.
SketchBook Drawing App Features
- Rapid and clean UI mode.
- 170 default brushes that can be customized by the user.
- Synthetic brushes mimic those blend colours in a natural way.
- Using the Radical symmetry feature of the app the product designer can draw once and replicate their lines up to 16 times.
- Predictive Stroke–Helps in drawing basic shapes such as circles, rectangles, and triangles more.
- Ruler and Ellipse
- Full Layer Support that helps the app to opens and exports Photoshop documents (PSD files) natively while preserving layer names and blending modes.
- Scan Sketch
- Autosave and infinite Undo
- And More…
This Sketch app for drawing is the official app from Sony for Android Phones. The app provides drawing and Photo editing tools. If you want to get inspired by the other artist then this app has a sketch community those you can follow like Instagram. You can share your own drawing or sketch to become a part of the artist community. It provides multiple drawing tools and features such as multiple brushes, pens, pencils, draw with finger or stylus, Eraser, Smudge, Layer editor, Text with multiple fonts, free stickers, Photo import, Ruler, Background selector, Color tool, Image colour adjustment, Pan and zoom, Export or share as jpeg and more…
Sketch Key Features
- Drawing brushes and other tools
- Can edit the pictures and photos with text and free stickers
- Create sketches with layers
- Zoom to paint
- Art community
- Back up and sync your drawings to multiple devices
I would like to say it is the best drawing app to learn how to draw figures. This app provides tutorials on how to design and build characters. On every Monday the app updated with a new content to increase the ability of beginners. It has three levels— Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. The beginner lesson works on simple shapes and gives lessons on how to draw figures. The second level which is an Intermediate focus on the anatomy of the figures and how the masses work together while the last one– advance level allows you to study individual muscles and sculptural planes. It has 100’s of pages of content with in-depth advice.
The ibisPaint X is another great free drawing app that let you draw painting and animes. This app lets you record your own drawing while creating it.
IbisPaint X drawing app features:
- 60fps drawing capability
- 142 types of brushes
- Depending upon canvas can use as many layers you want those with individual setting such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- Zooming in/out
- 46 skin toned such dots, slash, cross and more.
- Unlimited colours saved on the palette
- Image stabilization
- 32 filters
- 880 textures and tones
- 100 steps Undo/Redo
- Brush, Eraser, Smudge, Blur, Fill, and Color Picker
- Export recorded videos of drawing into MP4 and drawing PNG/JPEG.
- And More…
ArtFlow drawing for tablet or phone features 80 paintbrushes with different sizes and shape. This free drawing can convert your tablet into a sketchbook. It also supports pressure sensitive pens like Samsung Note S-pen. To unlock some advanced options you need to unlock the app’s pro version.
ArtFlow Android drawing app key features
- GPU accelerated paint engine
- 80+ brushes and tools
- Color adjustment
- Undo and redo
- 11 different blending modes
- Hi-res canvas
- Export to PSD (Photoshop image), PNG or JPEG
- Import images from gallery
- PSD import
- Configurable symmetry drawing mode
- Geometrical shapes
- And more…
The Adobe Photoshop Sketch give access to 11 drawing tools to adjust the image size, colour, opacity and blending settings. It also allows adding multiple layers of images those can merge, stack and transform. It features tools like markers, pens, draw with pencils, erasers, thick acrylic, ink brush, soft pastel and watercolour paint brushes. You can export or send your sketch to Adobe Photoshop CC or Adobe Illustrator CC.
Adobe Illustrator Draw features a variety of drawing tools and allows to work with multiple images and drawing layers. The app is free to download and comes with a creative cloud subscription feature which is optional to unlock more features. The paintings drawn using the Illustrator Draw can send to Adobe Illustrator CC or to Photoshop CC.
Adobe Illustrator Draw App Key features
- The drawing can be Zoom up to 64x to draw and paint fine edges.
- 5 different sketch pen tips with adjustable opacity, size and colour.
- Allow working with multiple layers
- Insert basic shape stencils or new vector shapes from Capture CC.
- Illustrator draw app allows sending editable native app file to desktop Photoshop in Illustrator or a PSD format.
MediBang Paint is cross-platform drawing app that is available for Windows, Mac OS X, Android and iOS. It features cloud saving that allows syncing the drawing with all other platform versions it supports; means you stop working on a smartphone and the same drawing can be open on Windows, Mac or iPhone. It is one of the best drawing apps to draw digital painting and comic creation.
- 100 free brushes
- Tools it provides are airbrush, School Pen, Pencil, Watercolor, G Pen, Mapping Pen and more…
- 850 tones, textures, & Backgrounds
- Free comic book fonts
- Easily works with layers
- Take photos and place them in the layer
- Adding dialogue with speech to text
- And More…
PaperOne drawing app allows to intimate the real life on digital canvas with the help of sketches. It is an easy way for amateurs to learn sketching and drawing using the app. Provides different paint brush styles including the colour library. You can choose photos as the base map picture and use the app setting to translucent those in order to improve your drawing capabilities.
Artboard is an easy-to-use free drawing application and has best ability to mix colours. It provides an ability to draw up to 15 layers and 4 layer blending modes. It has a fill tool that can easily add colours on some big area, The text tool of its allows to draw and erase the text. With the help of its Brush Tool, Eraser Tool, or Smudge Tool you can show your creativity by exporting them into JPG and PNG file. It also features auto recovery.
Best drawing apps for Android Verdict
All apps which we mentioned above comes with different capabilities. It all upon you to choose the app according to your need and drawing skills. For example, if you are just a beginner and interested in drawing figures then you can use the app called Learn how to draw.
Please let us which drawing app are you using?