The Facebook-owned platform Instagram is offering to add pronouns in your profile to show it to your followers or you can make it public if you want.
The photo-sharing platform is very famous around the world among social media users. It is very friendly to upload any kind of photos for the platform users. Many social media influencers or YouTubers use this application to share content in a photo or short video format for their followers. It does not have any direct monetization option but if you are famous on Instagram then you can earn money through brand endorsement, affiliation, etc.
The social media site added another feature for the users to use pronouns in their Instagram profiles. Using the Twitter platform the company enlightened us with a tweet that it is possible to add pronouns to express yourself on the platform. You can add not just one but a maximum of four pronouns in your profile. However, still, this feature is not available for all Instagram users but eventually will be.
- Expressing yourself to your followers will be easier.
- You can make them public or can only show pronouns to your followers.
- Up to four pronouns can be added to your profile from the pronoun list.
- Users who are under the age of 18 will have it visible to their followers by default. But cannot do it public.
- Any user can fill out a form if they want any pronoun added to the list of it which is not there already.
- Some of the countries can use this feature as of right now but in time they will update it and more countries will be able to access this feature.
Add pronouns to your Instagram profile
- Hop into your Instagram profile.
- You can see in the bottom right section of your screen- the Profile icon. Just Tap it.
- Go to the option of Edit Profile which you can find very easily.
- There you will see just below the Name section, an Instagram’s Pronouns option.
- Type out the pronouns you would love to have and lastly click in the Done to complete it.
If you love the idea of having such a thing then add it to your profile and enjoy the new feature. Here are some common pronouns available to use
- co / cos
- e / ey / em / eir
- fae / faer
- he / him / his
- she / her / hers
- they / them / theirs
- ve /ver /vis
- ze/zie/zir hir
- nee ner/ners