Creating Telegram account is as simple as WhatsApp account. Users those want to try or looking for WhatsApp alternative let me tell you the Telegram app is one of the best options. Its privacy and other features are far better than WhatsApp, moreover, unlike other chatting applications; the Telegram is cloud-based which means all your chats automatically sync between smartphone and desktop even if you are moving from some old device to new one. The Telegram client side is open source while the server side is propriety and closed.
It also features secret chats that allow users to message in the encrypted end-to-end way for extra security. The app is completely free without any kind of advertisements. Furthermore, all your media files such as videos, music, images, and documents you shared are also saved on the encrypted cloud of Telegram and can be accessed from anywhere on any device. That means no need to take backups and all. However, if a user wants then he/she can download all the Telegram media files to local storage of phone or computer and after that could delete them from the Telegram cloud.
So, without talking about it much let’s see how to set up new Telegram account. Here we are using the Android Telegram app to create Telegram account but the process is same for other platforms too.
- Go to https://telegram.org/
- Select your device platform. Telegram is available almost for all platforms: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows PC, Linux, MacOS including web version in case you want to use the Telegram on PC or Mac without downloading the application.
- After downloading the Telegram App, open it.
- To sign up for telegram tap on Start Messaging button.
- Now Choose your country.
- And in the second column enter the phone number with which you want to register your Telegram account.
- After choosing the country and entering the phone number tap on the Tick icon given on the right top corner of the app.
- The Telegram to verify your number will SMS a Verification code on the number which you entered to register the Telegram.
- Enter the Verification code in the Phone verification screen in the Code column.
- After successfully verified the phone number, its time to setup Telegram account. Enter your First and Last name.
- Telegram account has been created; to start chatting just tap on the pencil icon given at extreme bottom right.
For more clear-cut picture here are the step by step screenshots to create Telegram account.
If you already have the Telegram account and now looking for a way to Delete or Deactivate the Telegram account then you have to see this article: How to Delete Account in Telegram Permanently- Android & iPhone
You may like to about:
- How to Save Media and GIF files from Telegram on Android, iPhone & Desktop
- Tutorial on how to share media files from Telegram to Whatsapp