In a recent survey carried out by Numr Research to find out the Smartphone user patterns of India along with the revelation of the top three mobile brands in India providing high satisfaction to users across the country.
As per the NPS or Net Promoter Score which finds out by Numr Research survey telling us that Oppo, OnePlus and Huawei are the top three brands of the country to which the consumers are highly satisfied.
Note: Net Promoter Score, popularly known as NPS, is a metric for calculating the customer satisfaction and loyalty towards a particular brand.
As per the survey finding, in India, 52% of people only carry a single smartphone while 42% generally have 2. Rest of the 5% as per the survey have a habit of carrying 3 personal smartphones whereas 1% claimed that they have 4 and/or more.
Moreover, in alone 2018 above 161 million smartphones were sold in India.
Here are some points cited by the survey those showing how people usually spend their time on various smartphone activities:
- They spend over an hour each on Online Shopping (64 min), Social Media (67 min), and watching movies/ videos (69 min)
- On average, people spend 56 min on phone calls and video calls every day
- 43 minutes are spent listening to music daily
- Texting (Messengers and WhatsApp) occupy another 41 minutes on average
- People reported that they also spend around 30 minutes every day reading articles or online news on their smartphones
India is currently the second-largest smartphone market, only behind China. Also, the smartphone industry in India is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 23.4% between the years 2017-2025.
The brand satisfaction percentage calculated by the NPM for Indian smartphone market:
- Oppo: 84%
- OnePlus: 78%
- Huawei: 75%
- iPhone: 68%
- Xiaomi Mi: 66%
- Samsung: 63%
Highest the Oppo and lowest goes for Samsung.