The two major backup applications announced by Synology in its Active Backup suite– one is an Active Backup for office 356 and other is an Active backup for business. The official version of the Active Backup package for Office 365 supports SaaS cloud backup. While on the other hand the Active back for business is still in beta stage and meant to provide data availability for workloads in physical and virtual environments.
The Active Backup for Office 365 ensures the availability of Office 365 data every time and also helps the businesses in lowering the significant amount of storage space by using single instancing technology, said by the Synology.
It also enhanced the content search function by combining the mail and attachments which allow users to find and recover emails in shortest time.
Active Backup for Office 365 key features:
- Supports Office 365, Office 365 Germany, Office 365 operated by 21Vianet.
- Back up OneDrive for Business, mail, contacts, and calendar data
- Content search using keywords
- Single instancing ensures efficiency by transferring and storing files with unique content only.
- And more…
Active Backup for Business key features:
- With the Active Backup agent utility, users can perform image-based backups to protect their Windows PC or Windows server workloads.
- Users can protect their virtual machine workloads without an agent just with VMware vSphere info.
- It supports multiple restoration methods, ranging from individual file restore, instant VM restore to NFS, full VM restore and running on Synology VMM.
- Changed Block Tracking (CBT) technology for fast backup.
- Built-in global deduplication greatly reduces storage consumption.
- Verify backups on Synology VMM to maximize backup reliability and minimize the burden in production environments.
- Run on VMM