The AMD Ryzen is the kind of the CPU market at this moment, with very minimal competition from the Intel’s side. Whether it is performance or price or even the price to performance ratio, AMD is better at all the segments. If it comes to APU, then Intel does not have any such alternatives on their product line up.
Since the launch of the AMD Ryzen series, the market felt the hit of the raising competition between two old rivals in the market, AMD vs Intel. While Intel i5 and Intel i7 CPU were dominating the market, there Ryzen first grabs the edge in the competition due to the low price high-performance feature. Of course, when it comes to buying any expensive PC component the price does matter a lot, and if any product is offering better value with quality, then the users are going to end up that stop eventually. With the consecutive launches RYZEN 2nd gen and Ryzen 3rd gen, the competition was kind of over for Intel. Only Intel i7 possessed the kind of performance like the mid-ranged Ryzen CPUs. But we all know i7 is a damn costly component. On the higher end PCs (HEDT) where Intel Xeon CPUs were struggling to provide the increasing performance demand of the users, there, Ryzen provided the Threadripper CPUs which killed the competition. Just like that when AMD catered the market with their upgraded APU designs, which they derived from the AMD A8 APUs, became one of its kind in the market. We know that Intel does not have any APU in its line up, which can provide a CPU and GPU combo performance from a single chip. That is why AMD APUs become the first choice for the entry-level and budget gamers who do not want to spend on a dedicated GPU, as GPUs are very costly nowadays.
The Market for APU
Right now there is a huge market consisting of millions of users who prefers using APU over CPU because of the flexibility of not needing a dedicated GPU. Many schools, colleges, and offices are building their lab set up by using APUs which is letting them narrowing their expenses even more. Also the present day Ryzen APUs which are there in the market, are actually pretty much capable of playing most of the games in the market with decent performance and FPS, including games like PUBG, Fortnite, Apex Legends, DOTA, Valorant, CS GO, etc. So anyone who is building a PC within a very tight budget like $300-$400, there automatically Ryzen APU becomes the first choice for the build. If you consider the GPU performance of the inbuilt VEGA 8 cores in the Ryzen APU, then you can find these APU Vega cores are performing as same as the Nvidia GT 1030, so of course, it is a viable and suitable choice.
The Ryzen APUs like 2nd gen 2200G, 2400G, and 3rd gen 3200G, 3400G are the actual trendsetters of APU usage. Also, these APUs already shocked the market of Intel’s i3 and i5, in case of budget build with better value.
AMD Ryzen 4000 APU Line up launch
Back in March 2020 AMD already launched there Ryzen 4000 series Zen 2 based APU for mobile versions and OEM products. Such APUs are available for the OEM manufacture to produce Laptops and Tablet PCs. The 7nm Mobile versions of the AMD Ryzen 4000 APUs are powered Vega 5, Vega 6, Vega 7, and Vega 8 GPU cores depending upon different models. Since the launch of the Ryzen 4000 Mobile APUs, the OEM manufacturers picked up the pace of developing new laptops powered by Ryzen 400 APUs. The demand for AMD Ryzen 4000 Laptops are also very high in the market, due to their cost-effectiveness and the provided awesome performance within a tight budget.
But recently AMD announced that they are going to uncover another lineup of AMD Ryzen 4000 series APUs, which are meant for the desktop users. At the previous gen of AMD Ryzen Desktop APU, the market has seen the demand of hyper-threading APUs, and also witnessed the awesome performance it provides. Keeping that in mind, this time AMD enabled all their AMD Ryzen 4000 Zen2 APUs with hyper-threading. This time the there is going to be a total of 12 variants in the Ryzen 4000 APU series. The price is not declared yet according to the model, but we can assume the price range if we consider the price of the last-gen APUs, and we know the price does not differ much in the case of AMD products, also AMD products tend to be quite pocket friendly.
AMD Ryzen 4000 Desktop APU launch date is not finalized yet, but according to the last press conference of AMD officials, it can be said that the launch would take place by the Q4, 2020 for sure. So, yes, the launch is going to take place in 2020, and if you are about to build a new PC, I would recommend you to halt for a couple of months, so that you can grab the latest APUs, as soon as they hit the market.
AMD Ryzen 4000 APU Specs & Variants
There are going to be a total of 12 variants under the Ryzen 4000 APU lineup. Here is a brief list of the specification for the upcoming Ryzen 4000 APUs, which you should look for. Only the main variants are included in the list, all other variants are just the OC model of these under-discussed variants, with a boost in speed frequency.
|Model||Core & (Threads)||Base Speed||Boost Speed||GPU Model||GPU Clock Speed||GPU GFLOPS||TDP|
|Ryzen 3 4300G||4 (8)||3.8 GHz||4.0 GHz||Vega 6 Core||1700 MHz||1305.6||65W|
|Ryzen 5 4600G||6 (12)||3.7 GHz||4.2 GHz||Vega 7 Core||1900 MHz||1702.4||65W|
|Ryzen 7 4700G||8 (16)||3.6 GHz||4.4 GHz||Vega 8 Core||2100 MHz||2150.4||65W|
- Apart from the above-mentioned details, you should also know that all the variants would have 32KB Per Core L1 cache, 512KB per core L2 cache, and 8MB L3 cache.
- All the variants are DDR4-3200MHz Dual Channel RAM supported.
- You should also know that all the variants are available in both 35W and 65W models, though the 35W models comprise a little low than standard base speed. Like the Ryzen 3 4300, GE would have 3.5GHz instead of 3.8GHz base speed, but all other parameters, specs, and outputs are the same.
- All the Chips are going to be 7nm in size, and al of them are being produced by TSMC.
- The enthusiast edition of Ryzen 4000 APUs, like Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G or 4750GE would have 12MB L3 cache.
AMD Ryzen 4000 APU Performance
As all of these APUs are multi-core and hyper-threading enabled with a 3.5+ GHz speed, so a very good and responsive performance is guaranteed for sure. You should keep in mind that APUs are designed for basic level gaming also, not only for office, education, or business stuff. So, you can definitely play games on it, and of course, you can play the latest and most popular games also. These APUs are able to provide 768p and 1080p gaming performance in most of the multiplayer games with medium to low graphics settings. While the modern RPS or FPS games are quite more resource demanding, there you may have to play the games in 720p medium graphics in order to achieve a decent playable FPS. If you are a fan of PUBG Mobile Emulator or CS GO, or Valorant, then AMD Ryzen 4000 APU is your best bet within a reasonable price.
- According to experts’ opinion and my experience of previous Ryzen APUs, this time the Ryzen 4000 APUs are going to feature even more powerful version of Vega 8 Core GPU, which is going to perform even better than Nvidia GT 1030 or AMD RX 550, which is actually pretty impressive for amateur gamers.
- In the case of PUBG Mobile Emulator, you would get a stable 50+ FPS performance at 1080p, so yes it is good for gaming.
- If you considering doing some editing jobs, then also AMD Ryzen APUs always been a good bet. This time with the Ryzen 4000 lineup the performance would be even better.
- Also due to the 35W TDP, the APU is extremely energy efficient, and while there is no need for a GPU there, so the system becomes even more energy-efficient. For people in a tight budget, the monthly electric bill is also a concern, where AMD Ryzen 4000 APUs can really help you to reduce your burden.
- Another thing you should keep in mind that, in 2020 a PC without a GPU is actually incomplete, the void of not having a dedicated GPU only can be compensated via using a worthy APU. If you know that your daily usages if your PC does not need a lot of juice for Graphical performance, then you need not invest $200 on an entry-level GPU, but you can save the money and can use an APU. APU compensate the void of GPU by design and by performance while saving a lot of bucks on the other hand.
AMD Ryzen 4000 Price
While the Ryzen 3200G cost around $120 and the Ryzen 5 3400G cost around $200, there we would definitely notice a leap in price this time for sure. Also due to the COVID-19 pandemic the prices of all the components are increasing day by day, as the production and transportation costs increased.
So, we can expect that the Ryzen 3 4300G would cost somewhere between $130-$140. While the Ryzen 5 4600G would cost around $220-$240. But there never have been any Ryzen 7 APU variant launched before, so there is no past data to compare. But as we know Ryzen 7 is meant for enthusiasts and also the specs of Ryzen 7 4700G are pretty dope, so it will costs around $275 minimum according to my assumption, even the tag can go higher. If you consider the Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, which costs around $240, which is an 8 core 16 thread CPU, so as a next-gen APU, it would cost at least a little more than that.
The price tag is only my logical assumption from the available data out there, so do not rely on this data entirely, but you can expect the original price somewhere near to my assumption.
Ryzen 4000 APU vs Intel Core i3 i5 10th Gen
This discussion is according to my own understanding and not a biased one. I am not a fanboy of either AMD or Intel, so this is a logical comparison. In this comparison, we would not consider the Intel Core i7 or i9 CPUs as they are pretty much way more high end than the overall AMD APU lineup. But while it comes to budget gaming on Intel CPU, then the Intel Core i5 becomes the most viable choice.
If you are aware of the market price of the Intel 9th gen & 10th gen CPUs, you can observe that there was a very marginal difference between the price. Actually nowadays the Intel i3 and i5 chipsets are also becoming cheaper and cheaper, in order to get an edge in the competition with AMD. Also, the specs of i3 and i5 have upgraded drastically. But in the end, there are various points where Intel Core i3 10th gen and Intel core i5 10th lose the competition to the AMD Ryzen 4000 APUs. You should also know that nowadays Intel Core CPUs also come with an integrated GPU chipset on the CPU, and in the case of 10th Gen, it is the UHD 630 Chipset.
- In the case of pricing the AMD Ryzen, 4000 is a better choice for the budget segment. As the Intel i3 and i5 buyers are also on the same budget segments as Ryzen APU, so there is the Ryzen who offers better value here.
- While it comes to the base speed or boost speed, apart from the Core i5 10600K, all others lose the competition.
- In the case of Boost speed, you need to Overclock the Intel CPUs, but AMD APUs are designed to be overclocked automatically in case of need. Also, the Boost clock performance is way more stable in AMD Ryzen APUs than the Intel Core i3 10th Gen CPUs.
- If you consider the memory support, really there is no competition against AMD from the Intel’s side. While AMD Ryzen APUs work with 3200MHz Memory interfaces, there the i3 and i5 works with only 2666 MHz interface. Even the Intel’s Flagship i9 10th gen works with a 2933 MHz memory interface.
- Though on other hand Intel CPUs provide better single-channel memory interface performance, as it is designed to work at its peak frequency always, while AMD chipsets offer half the frequency of the installed RAM only, in case of single-channel memory. But in the case of dual-channel memory, there would be no difference in Intel chipset performance while the AMD chipsets would provide performance with double the speed of single-channel memory.
- If you compare the performance of UHD 630 with Vega 8 Core, then UHD 630 is way beyond even for making it a feasible competition. While you can treat the Vega Core as a dedicated GPU, there UHD 630 is designed to provide the users with a lag-free visual performance only. UHD 630 is not for gaming, and gaming performance would be very bad in most of the games. You won’t even be able to PUBG Mobile Emulator without a GPU, with a decent FPS count.
- The next point is the TDP, where the Ryzen 4000 APUs offer 35W TDP and 65W TDP, there i5 offers 125W TDP. So, the power consumption would be more and it will not be a cost-effective tight budget solution. Even the Intel i3 10th Gen CPUs are offered with 65W TDP, which is almost double of the Ryzen 4000’s 35W TDP.
- Intel i3 comes with 4 core and 8 threads and i5 comes with 6 core 12 threads, but AMD Ryzen 4000 also has 8 Core 16 threads variant. While the price is around $275 for the Intel i5 10600k, which offers only 6 core and 12 threads, within the same price you can get a Ryzen 4700G, which has 8 core 16 threads. Also, the Ryzen 4700G would provide the performance of Vega 8 Core GPU, which is better than the UHD 630 performance at all aspects.
Things have changed in the CPU market a lot in the last 4 years, and now definitely AMD is leading the CPU market, whether it is for the budget gamers or for the Enthusiast gamers. Even for office, education, or business purposes, AMD provides more cost-effective CPU and APU solutions than Intel chipsets.
Apart from that competition there a new saga begins with the launch of AMD 4000 desktop APUs, which million of gamers are excited about around the world. Though there are already Ryzen 4000 Laptops that are about hit the market, the start of the Desktop APU production would bring forth the mainstream Ryzen CPU’s 4th gen production in action before than we expected.
Stay tuned for more updates on Ryzen 4000 APU releases, confirmed price, and Ryzen 4000 laptops. Do post a comment if you have anything to, we would love to hear from you. Until next time then bye folks.
Intel i5-13600 processor on Geekbench shows 14 cores
NZXT releases N7 B650E motherboard in black and white accent
Top 10 GPU Benchmark software free & paid in 2021
AMD launches embedded Ryzen V2000: Zen2 architecture, 8 cores as low as 10W
How to always see the CPU usage on Windows 10 system tray using the Task Manager
Why AMD Radeon Graphics Card series is the Best in its category?