If you have recently installed the Bitdefender total security 2018 or paid or free version and start getting SSL certification error in Google Chrome or Mozilla browser then you are at the right place to solve that problem.
Basically, you will get the following error…
An application is stopping Chrome from safely connecting to this site
“Bit Defender Antivirus” wasn’t installed properly on your computer or the network:
- Try uninstalling or disabling “Bitdefender Antivirus”
- Try connecting to another network
Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from example.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).
Proceed to example.com (unsafe)
Disable SSL Scanning Bitdefender
Whenever you got such messages that the Security Certificates cannot be verified/installed, just disable the Bit defender SSL scanning by following the given steps:
- After installing the Bitdefender Antivirus 2018 click on the protection option from the left side panel.
- From the Protection screen click on the View features option.
- After that, you will have all the protection features of Bitdefender. Now click on the settings gear icon given under the Web protection.
- Under the Web Protection Settings, click on the Scan SSL toggle button to turn it off.
- As soon as you disable the SSL scan of Bitdefender your SSL certification error problem in Google Chrome and other browsers will solve. Event the same steps will solve the Bitdefender free edition blocking websites problem.
Bitdefender blocked application or chrome to access an Internet
If Bitdefender blocks applications like Google chrome from accessing the Internet connection, then you have to allow or whitelist that particular application in the Bitdefender. Here are the steps to doing that…
Now: Here I am using the Bitdefender 2018 version and options might in a different place in previous versions.
- Open the Bitdefender
- Click on the protection option from the left side panel.
- From Protection Windows, click on the View Features link.
- Under View Features, you will find the Firewall. Just below that the Application access option is given, click on that.
- When you click on the Application option you will see all the allowed and blocked applications by the Bitdefender total security 2018.
- Click on the application which you blocked by the Bitdefender.
- And then click on the View application rules.
- From Rules, you will see a few options under the application which are blocking by Bitdefender such as Network, Protocol, Traffic, Ports, IP, and Access. Just below the Access click the toggle button to allow or block the application or chrome browser.
In this way, you allow the block application in the Bitdefender and also disable the Scan SSL certificate option to solve the problem of Bitdefender free SSL certificate validations or Inspection error.
Disable SSL Certificate scanning in Bitdefender 2019 edition
Recently the Bitdefender has launched the Bitdefender 2019 edition and also those who are using the 2018 one will also get an upgrade of this new version. However, the interface of the latest edition has been modified a bit to give a new look and feel, so also the location to disable the SSL scanning. If you are using the latest 2019 version of Bitdefender and want to disable the SSL scanning, then follow the below-given steps:
- Run the Antivirus, Go to the Protection tab, and click on the Settings option given under the Online Threat Prevention.
- From the Online Threat Prevention’s Web Protection menu got to Encrypted Web Scan and toggle the blue color button to disable the SSL certificate scanning on Bitdefender 2019 Antivirus security.
- How to reset Chrome browser Settings in Android Phones
- Use the inbuilt password manager in Google Chrome?