As earlier rumors said, Sony released its new Cyber-shot RX100 VI consumer-grade card camera on the scheduled date of 5 Jun 2018 and has made significant upgrades in many areas. First of all, the new RX100 VI camera released this time is equipped with a newly designed 24-200mm F2.8-4.5 large zoom lens, using 15 12-group optical structures, containing two ED aspherical lenses and eight other non-spherical lenses Spherical lens. The imaging level is so high that Sony claims its value is equivalent to two non-reverse camera lenses, and by combining a 24-70mm lens with a 70-200mm lens allows users to do anything with this camera.
In addition to the lens, Sony’s new camera also has the flip-touch screen and the new Bionz X processor. This time, Sony has equipped the RX100 VI with a touch LCD that can be turned upside down by 180° and flipped down by 90° to support touch shooting and touch focus. At the same time, Sony said that the RX100 VI also integrates some of the advanced technology from the A9, including the latest front-end LSI Bionz X processor, making it the world’s fastest autofocus speed.
Finally, other new features of the new machine include a 315-point hybrid autofocus system that covers the sensor’s 65% range, a built-in ND filter and image stabilization system, a pop-up XGA OLED electronic viewfinder, and support for HDR oversampling 4K video And 1000 fps super slow video shooting and so on. It is reported that Sony’s new Cyber-shot RX100 VI camera will be on sale in July, which sells for $1,200 US dollars.
Sony Cyber-shot RX100 VI Camera Specifications:
- Sensor: 1 inch 2010 megapixel Exmor RSTM CMOS
- Processor: BIONZ XTM Image Processor
- Lens: ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8-F4.5 lens
- Auto Focus: 315-point hybrid AF system, focusing speed 0.03s
- Shutter speed: 30-1/2000s (up to 1/32000s of the electronic shutter)
- Continuous shooting speed: 24 fps
- ISO range: 125-12800 (expandable to 80-25600)
- Viewfinder: 2.35 million dots XGA OLED Tru-FinderTM electronic viewfinder
- Display: 1.23 million painting points 3 inches reversible LCD touch screen
- Anti-shake: Optical Image Stabilization Compensable with 4 Stall Shutters
- Exposure compensation: ±3EV
- Video: 30p 4K video and
- Storage media: SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Others: Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth
- Battery: NP-BX1 (220 shots)
- Body size: 301g
- Body weight: 102 x 58 x 43mm