iBoysoft Data Recovery review ratings
iBoysoft Data Recovery Professional didn’t disappoint me. If you are looking for a data recovery software at a very small budget of $70, iBoysoft Data Recovery Professional is the one, which you should definitely use.
User Review( votes)
It is not that you will need data recovery software every day unless you have the habit of randomly deleting files to save space, and realize, you need them, a few hours or days later. But it is always a judicious idea to keep a data recovery software installed on a system, as storm never informs before it begins its art of devastating things. Now that being said, in the midst of so many data recovery software available on the internet, iBoysoft Data Recovery is one among them, which is worth trying out. It is a simple piece of data recovery program, which can fulfil all your everyday data recovery requirements. Or even more, as well.
Now that I have used iBoysoft Data Recovery for almost 1 month now, I found a number of things, which is good at, and also revealed some of its features. So I will be writing a brief review of iBoysoft Data Recovery to help you take your decision of purchasing it. Just like other data recovery programs, it also has some cons. But don’t worry. I don’t think they are deal breakers. So without further delay, let’s get started with the review of the iBoysoft Data Recovery software.
iBoysoft Data Recovery Features
First things first. Let’s have a look at the features.
- iBoysoft Data Recovery is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 8, 8.1 and 10. It is also compatible with Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016. You can even use it on Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12.
- All major files systems like FAT32, NTFS and exFAT is supported on Windows, and HFSX, HFS, HFS+ is supported on Mac systems.
- A simple and easy-to-use user interface which shows the list of storage volumes on the home screen.
- It is possible to save the current session to start working with file recovery later on. This is a great feature.
- Has the ability to recover data and files from RAW, unreadable, inaccessible and corrupted storage devices.
- Deep scan feature is available, which offers a better data recovery performance. The feature can be helpful in many cases.
- The file preview option is a handy feature, which can be used to preview the files before recovering them.
How to use iBoysoft Data Recovery?
1. First of all, Download this free data recovery software.
2. Just open iBoysoft Data Recovery on your computer, and all the connected storage devices will instantly be shown to you.
3. Just choose the volume, from which you want to recover the files, and click on ‘Next’. We are choosing the D drive here.
4. Now you will find the directory structure on the left. Just click on one of the directories to see the list of files within the same directory. Just select the files and click on ‘Recover’ to recover them to the desired location.
iBoysoft Data Recovery Professional Pros:
How the software is, and whether you should go for it or not, should be quite evident from the features section. But if you want to see the pros, as well, I will cover that now.
- The software being very light, I did not find any app crashes or freezing issues while working with it.
- Once the list of files is displayed, the contents can be filtered depending upon the file type. This can be handy if you want to recover just the document files or some music, which you might have accidentally deleted.
- Scanning of deleted files from different volumes is quite fast if compared to other same kinds of software. The deep scanning takes some extra time though, but it is worth waiting if you want to recover the most number of files.
- The simple and easy-to-use interface makes iBoysoft Data Recovery, a piece of cake for experienced users as well as beginners.
- The software is capable of finding lost partitions from any of the connected storage devices. Just in case, the software is not capable of finding the partitions, just click on ‘Find More Partitions’ on top of the user interface.
- iBoysoft Data Recovery Professional consumes a very little space on the hard drive, even after offering such a great service. The program consumed just 11 MB on my system, which is hardly any space, when we are living in the era of hard drives with terabytes of storage.
- The program being light, it doesn’t put a lot of pressure on the system, which makes it suitable, even on the low-end computers.
So those were the pros.
iBoysoft Data Recovery Professional Cons:
iBoysoft Data Recovery doesn’t have any notable cons, which is something that really deserves appreciation. Let’s find the cons now.
- The program takes a few seconds to start. I wish the program loaded a bit more faster. Systems with SSD can also help the program load faster.
- After scanning the deleted files, the files can be filtered only according to file type. I wish there were more options. Like filtering according to size, creation date, and many other parameters.
- Files having a size bigger than 5 MB cannot be previewed, at least on Windows. 5 MB is very small. Come on! Allow bigger files to be previewed.
So those were the cons. I don’t think any of them can actually be a deal breaker if you are looking for an affordable solution for data recovery.
iBoysoft Data Recovery Professional didn’t disappoint me. If you are looking for a data recovery software at a very small budget of $70, iBoysoft Data Recovery Professional is the one, which you should definitely use. Just keep the program installed on your system to recover files, lest you face the nightmare of hard drive damage or something similar to that. iBoysoft also has the Data Recovery Professional edition for the technicians, which is available at around $300. It is optimized to offer assistance to clients, who suffer from data loss. So try out iBoysoft Data Recovery Professional.
Hope the review will help you take your purchasing decision. Have any questions or opinions? Feel free to comment it down below.
You may also like to see:
- SAN vs NAS vs DAS explained & compared. Which one is the best?
- How to encrypt personal files with 7-zip encryption
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Review
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition Review
- Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Pro V7 Review