Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic review ₹ 1,299
If you are not looking for the most impressive build quality, the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic can be the right fit for you, if you are looking for a good sound signature at ₹1,299.
User Review( votes)
It is really convenient to use Bluetooth earphones nowadays, as you can take calls, listen to music and do anything else in a handsfree mode of which is not possible with wired headsets. Moreover, If you are using a flagship phone, there are high chances that it lacks the 3.5 mm jack and that’s when a pair of Bluetooth earphones are the best option to go for. Just like most other gadgets in the market, Bluetooth earphones has its own problems, the biggest one is the problem with audio latency. Additionally, if you have a low budget and you are looking for the best audio quality, a pair of wired headsets will offer you better audio quality compared to that of a Bluetooth earphone offered at the same price.
However, convenience is an important aspect to most users, and that’s when you need to use a pair of Bluetooth headsets. That’s said, I am extensively using the MI sports Bluetooth earphones basic for more than a month now, and just like every time, I am here with a review. I have used and am using the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic, for listening to music watching videos and playing games, and only after that, I am here with a review of the product so that you can choose whether it is going to be the best deal for you for your specific requirement. First, I will start with the box contains, and then will talk about the features, followed by the pros and cons of the product, with my own verdict at the end.
So without any further delay, let’s get started with the box contents of the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic.
Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic Box contents:
Let’s have a look at the box contents of the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic.
- Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic
- 1 USB to the Micro-USB charging cable
- 5 pairs of ear tips (with one connected to the earphones)
- Instructions manual
- 1 wire clip
So, that’s what you basically get within the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic box.
Now, let’s have a look at the notable features of the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic that most buyers will care for.
- The earphones come with a powerful CSR chip that promises stable Bluetooth connectivity, and the earphones weigh around 14 grams, making it really light.
- The Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic is Bluetooth 4.1 compliant, and it uses SBC audio codecs. The device also supports A2DP, HFP, AVRCP, and HSP Bluetooth profiles.
- The device is powered by a 120 mAh battery that promises 9 hours of battery life on a single charge at 75% volume.
- The Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic has an IPX4 rating that makes the device splash-proof, and it can even withstand light rain.
- The wireless range of the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic is 10 meters and it maintains a stable connection within that range.
- The Bluetooth earphones support connection with two Bluetooth devices at the same time, and it has a 3-button inline remote for several functions that the earphones support, and has an in-built microphone for calls.
So, those were the features of the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic that most people will look out for.
Let’s have a look at the button functions.
- Single tap to increase volume.
- Long tap to move to the next track.
- Single tap to decrease volume.
- Long tap to move to the previous track.
- Long tap to turn on and off or to get into pairing mode.
- Single tap to play/pause music, or to accept calls.
- Long tap during a call to disconnect or reject calls.
- Double-tap to bring the voice assistant, and mute the microphone within a call.
Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic Pros & Cons:
Let’s have a look at the pros of the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic when it comes to day to day usage.
- Coming to the comfort that is the first thing when it comes to using Bluetooth devices, I must say, the device is really comfortable to wear, even for longer durations, thanks to the weight of the earphones. However, you have to choose the correct ear tips, and as there are several pairs, you can easily select the best ear tips to have the most comfortable grip.
- Talking about the length of the cable, it isn’t as long as most other Bluetooth earphones, however, it is still going to be a good fit for everybody. If you work out or do some heavy exercises wearing these pair of earphones, the wires will not bounce a lot, which is cool. You can also adjust the size of the wires with the clip that is within the box.
- The connection is lightning fast. The connection takes place almost instantly after switching on the earphones. A hassle-free connection is really one big aspect in Bluetooth earphones, and the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic does exactly that.
- Coming to audio quality, which is the leading factor in earphones, I must say, the audio quality is really cool for a pair of earphones available at this price. In spite of punchy bass, the mid and high tones are not suppressed, and when it comes to vocals, I will not complain either. So, if you are a casual listener, go get Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic.
- Talking about the Bluetooth range, it is really good under my tests. I didn’t see any disconnection, even after moving to another room completely, with one room in between the earphones and the mobile. I was unable to test the earphones in over-crowded conditions, due to the ongoing pandemic, but under normally crowded situations, like in public transports, hospitals, and shopping malls, with around 10-15 visible Bluetooth devices, I didn’t face any problems.
- Talking about the loudness, which is important, I must say, the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic is quite loud. Unless you are in a very noisy environment, you can set the volume to about 80-90% and that will be more than enough. In an indoor setting, however, 60-70% will be more than enough.
- Coming to the battery backup, the claim made by Xiaomi is not a lie. Yes, it offers close to around 9 hours of battery life, if the volume is set to around 65-70%, however, if you love listening to music loudly, which I will not recommend, nor you will need for this product, the battery life could be close to around 6-7 hours.
- The Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic comes with auto-off functionality that automatically turns off the earphones when no devices are connected. This can really be useful in terms of battery life. However, if there is a connection, and the device is in standby mode, the auto-off functionality will not work.
So, those were the pros of the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic. It really offers a set of useful features making the product really value for money.
Let’s have a look at the cons of the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic, and I must say, there are some.
- The Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic is really comfortable to use, however, it comes at the cost of its build quality. The whole product is made from plastic, which is acceptable, however, I was expecting flat cables, and I was utterly disappointed not getting that in a pair of earphones at this price. The wire feels really cheap, and this can be a deal-breaker if you can’t take care of earphones properly.
- Most modern Bluetooth earphones have magnets that hold the two earbuds together, making it much convenient to keep it on the neck while not in use. However, it is also disappointing to not have the same in the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic at this price.
- When there is an incoming call, the ringtone plays in the earphones or there is a normal sound in earphones to let you know, there is a call, and it all depends upon your device settings. However, there are certain Bluetooth earphones, where the robotic voice will speak out the number to help you get an idea of who is calling, and I wish, that feature was there in Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic.
- When it comes to taking calls, the experience wasn’t irritating or too bad. However, sometimes while taking calls, the caller at the other end complained that the audio was not loud, and sometimes they could understand, I am using a pair of earphones for calling. Additionally, if you move to a different room while calling, there is a slight delay, which, however, is rather acceptable.
So, those were the cons. The only major problem is with the build quality, however, it is indeed a good product altogether.
Coming to the bottom line of the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic available at just Rs. 1,299 at the writing this review, I must say, the earphones are undoubtedly good. If you are not looking for the most impressive build quality, the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic can be the right fit for you, if you are looking for a good sound signature. Even when it comes to building quality, it not the worst. The product is made from high-quality plastic, and if you can handle it carefully, the product could offer you a good service. However, I was definitely expecting a better build quality, considering other similar products at this price.
So, that was all about the Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones Basic review. Do you have anything to say? Feel free to comment on the same below.