Just like the keyboard, the computer mouse is also one of the most essential input devices in modern-day computing that are based on graphical operating systems. You can hardly use your computer without a computer mouse, and depending upon the type of work that you do on your computer, you should choose the most appropriate computer mouse as per your requirements. For example, you should go for a mouse that responds even to the slightest movements, if you are playing games and if you want to do your work faster by moving your mouse as little as possible, you should get a mouse with a lower DPI.
But, in modern days, you can get a computer mouse, where you can switch the DPI settings as per your requirements with just a single tap of a button on the mouse itself. So recently I got Zebronics Zeb-Feather Mouse, and just like every single time, I am here with a small review of the unit. This is a budget mouse, which comes with a few more buttons on the mouse itself too, can streamline your workflow, and you can also change the DPI settings with just a single tap on the mouse itself. I will talk about all the goods and bads of the mouse so that you can make your decision about whether you should go for this Zebronics Zeb-Feather Mouse or get a different one.
So, without any further delay, let’s get started with the short review of these Zebronics Zeb-Feather Mouse.
Zebronics Zeb-Feather Mouse Features:
Let me first talk about the features of the Zebronics Zeb-Feather Mouse which is something most users will care about before getting a mouse or simply any other product.
- First Things First, the mouse comes with five clickable buttons which include the left and right mouse buttons, DPI switch and to the left, there are two other buttons to move backwards and forward, which can be used at the time of navigating online on web pages, and in Windows Explorer. Furthermore, there is also a clickable scroll wheel for scrolling up and down.
- The Zebronics Zeb-Feather mouse comes with rubber coating on the top, and it has a palm rest on both sides for better ergonomics. You shouldn’t feel any pain or discomfort for the ergonomic design the Zebronics Zeb-Feather mouse has to offer.
- Just like most other gaming mice, the Zebronics Zeb-Feather has adjustable DPI, and you can switch between 1000, 1600, 1200 and 3000 DPI settings. Each of the DPI modes is suited for specific users, and obviously for specific requirements.
- The Zebronics Zeb-Feather mouse works on most surfaces, and you can even use the mouse without the pad that comes with the product, and the product obviously supports plug-and-play, just like most other computer mice that you can find today in the market.
- The mouse comes with 1.8 Meters high-strength braided fibre that not only delivers a premium look, but also makes the cable, along with the mouse, last long, and you will never have to worry about broken cables.
- The mouse pad with the Zebronics Zeb-Feather has a dimension of around 30 X 24 cm., which eventually makes it a large mouse pad good enough for mouse movements, and also to keep any other device like a smartphone, on the desk. The texture on the pad is also great, and the cutouts on the sides make it look even cooler.
So, those are the features of the Zebronics Zeb-Feather mouse that should matter to most users, and hopefully, you have already made your purchasing decision.
Zeb-Feather Mouse Pros:
Let’s now have a look at the pros of the Zebronics Zeb-Feather mouse.
- As I just talked about the ergonomics of this Mouse, it is really comfortable to use the mouse and talking about how it feels, using the mouse, I can feel tactile feedback with every single click, just like every other premium mouse.
- The mouse buttons are very soft to click on, but there is hardly any chance that they will be clicked on accidentally. The scroll wheel is also very easy to use and you can also distinguish each time the mouse senses the rotation while operating the scroll wheel.
- The additional backward and forward buttons on the left side of the mouse also make it easier to surf the web if you need to go backwards and forward on a browser tab or anywhere else. This eventually makes your workflow far easier, while you need to surf the web faster to accomplish your job.
- As I just mentioned in the features, the cable length is 1.8 meters, which is really big enough even if your system is kept a little far away from your mouse. When it comes to a computer mouse, it is really important to have a long cable and that’s what Zebronics has given the same in this product.
- The DPI switch on the Zebronics Zeb-Feather mouse has been placed very tactically, which means, you will never accidentally click on the button that will eventually change the DPI settings at a time when you don’t want to change the setting. I have played a few games like PUBG, Fortnite, CS Go, and others with the mouse and the performance of the mouse met my expectations at least at this price.
So, those were the pros of the Zebronics Mouse. You will hardly expect anything better at this price. This is actually a great budget gaming Mouse, which also doubles up as a great mouse for the Pro user community.
Zeb-Feather Mouse Cons:
Even though I didn’t find a number of cons, I will talk about the cons of Zebronics Mouse. As it is actually a formality to mention the cons, I am here with that. But before even starting, I must say none of the cons, which I am going to talk about, is going to be a deal-breaker, if you are looking for a budget Mouse for your gaming requirements.
- Even though the mouse comes with the forward and backward buttons, the forward button is placed in a little awkward position and if you do not have a very big palm or fingers, you can hardly reach the forward button without reallocating your palm on the mouse. However, if you hold the mouse in a judicious different way and you get habituated with that, it will not be a big problem to use the forward button on the mouse by holding it normally.
- Even though the backward and forward buttons really become helpful, while searching the web and in other situations, there is no option to open the home page, refresh the current webpage or Explorer window by long pressing on one of the buttons. Furthermore, if you long press on one of the buttons, that is not going to serve a different purpose and the backward and forward movement will take place once you release one of the buttons.
So, those were the two cons, which I think Zebronics could have improved, otherwise, the product is great. You can hardly expect programmable buttons on a computer mouse at this price point, and the Zebronics mouse software, i.e. the Zebronics Phobos software is not compatible with this Mouse as it is not a premium gaming Mouse and the product is not priced premium as well.
If you are looking for a budget Mouse for gaming, and also want to streamline your workflow in all the possible ways, the Zebronics Zeb-Feather Mouse can be the best bet for you. This is actually a great choice if you think your mouse is the bottleneck and you do not want to pay a premium for getting the best mouse available in the market. The mouse comes with all the necessary features that you should get at this price and the great ergonomics of this mouse is something that you are paying for. Looking at the quality of the mouse, and considering the other computer mice I have used earlier, the Zebronics Zeb-Feather mouse should easily last me 4 to 5 years and that will also be the case with most users. This Mouse is going to be the best one at your budget.
So, that was all about the Zebronics Zeb-Feather Mouse review. Did I miss out on anything or you have anything else to say? Feel free to comment on the same below.