Along with the launch of Xbox Series X, the Sony PS5 will also launch at the same month, which is holiday 2020. Just like Xbox Series X, the Sony alPS5so bringing their 10th gen gaming console, which is Playstation 5. Though the announcement of the PS5 launch news came to the market earlier than the Xbox Series X, after the news of Series X most of the console lovers started comparing both consoles with each other to determine which is better and which one they should get.
As per the looks, Playstation 5 is way better than Xbox Series X, you can take it from an Xbox lover like me. If you compare the specifications Xbox may prove to be better in some cases, to know more about the specifications read other articles & blogs on PS5 and Xbox on this website and decide yourself which is better. But, when the war is between two gaming consoles, the main question arise that which are the main exclusive games offering by these consoles. As we know, even all the Xbox users know that PS5 always comes on top in case of exclusive games, which makes them the fan-favourite. In this article, we are going to discuss the upcoming exclusive games for PS5, for which you should buy PS5 and you won’t regret. Most of those games would also have support for their 9th gen counterpart which is PS4 but with cut-down in graphics and FPS for sure.
The biggest titles like Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy, Spider-Man, Uncharted, Assassin’s Creed, The Elder Scrolls, etc. have already lined up for PS5 launch. Apart from them, other upcoming titles like Cyberpunk, Lord of the Rings, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, God of War 2, Ghost of Tsushima etc. are also lined up and showing huge promise according to their game trailers.
Note: Images are just for reference.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 5 for PS5
Story-wise Call of Duty: Black Ops 5 is going to be Cold War-related and the game is going to be a loaded FPS game and going be launch at fall 2020.
- Story is set on the Cold War, unlike any other Call of Duty instalments before
- Heritage FPS shooting game
- Going be launch on both PS4 & PS5
- Probably going to feature a huge Multiplayer mode as well
There is a piece of bad news for some people as this game is going to be a cross-platform game, and going to release both on Xbox and PlayStation consoles. The good thing is the generation of the game would be also cross-generation so that 9th and 10th both generation’s console holders can play this game. But to get the best out of the game you should own the 10th console like Playstation 5 as the game is designed for 10th gen actually.
The project is being headed by the Californian-based game developer Treyarch. If you buy PS5 then you can enjoy the game in higher resolution and in higher FPS. 4K 60 FPS gameplay is conformed in PS5, apart from that the SSD will provide you zero-waiting loading time, and the powerful GPU is going to ensure the highest level of performance.
Horizon Zero Dawn 2 – PlayStation 5 exclusive
As always Horizon Zero Dawn is going to be an exclusive PlayStation game, based on the same futuristic Robot ruled the world, this game is going to explode with the graphics presentation this time with the power of Playstation 5.
- Exclusive Title for PlayStation only
- Optimized especially for PS5, so out of the world graphics and ultra-level 4K 90 FPS can be expected
- Launching just with the PS5 itself, so it would make a great bundle deal
- SSD performance would make the gameplay experience even smoother
As last time with the 9th gen console’s marketing, the Xbox lost the battle to the PS4 due to PlayStation’s awesome exclusive game collections, even with the 10th consoles with games like Horizon Zero Dawn 2 on PlayStation’s side, the same could happen again.
The game is an original one, no remake of any old classic games, where Horizon features a far-future game world where gigantic robotic machines ruling the Earth, along with that world they feature immersive graphics as well. Along with the awesome graphics and huge explore-able world they feature an addictive open-world role play like Assassin’s Creed or Tomb Raider gameplay. This fully-featured game won the heart of millions of players last time, they are going to do the same with Horizon 2 as well.
This time with the next-gen AMD Navi GPU and Octa-core AMD Zen 2 CPU PS5 is more powerful than ever, and it is going to serve you the best possible graphics and performance for sure.
This one is a game for which everyone is waiting for since the last E3 conference. This game features some crazy casting like Keanu Reeves and some others. The game features dystopian society and outlawed groups along with an RPG experience.
- Being developed by the same developers as The Witcher
- Graphics is not just good actually it is the sate-of-the-art level.
- A full-fledged RPG experience with a player decisive choice to influence the story outcome.
- Based on established IP (Intellectual Property)
This game is being developed by the CD Projekt Developers, the fine team behind the “The Witcher” series. Cyberpunk 2077 is going to feature a fantasy-based future world of dystopian California.
Like any great RPG game, Cyberpunk 2077 is also going to be an Open world, player based decisive role-playing game, where the players have to select eight different operatives, customize and control them according to the story. Accordance to the players’ choices and decisions the outcome and ending will differ in various ways. There are many alternative endings are possible, which the players will have to discover.
This game is going to launch on PS5 after the launch of Playstation 5, but officially this game is going to launch on April 2020 and this one not going to be an exclusive game, as it will also be released on various platforms like, Xbox One, PC, PS4, PS5 etc. But, for sure Cyberpunk 2077 is going to one of those very first games to be launched for the PS5 10th gen console.
Though according to me if you want to enjoy the Cyberpunk 2077 at its fullest then wait for the PS5 launch. With the powerful specs of Playstation 5, you would be able to unlock all the performance nodes of Cyberpunk’s Red Engine 4 based developments. As the art-style is just like the Blade Runner-style, so the PS5 featuring Radeon Navi GPU, Ryzen 7nm Zen 2 CPU, and super-fast SSD are actually the hardware you would need to get the best performance along with the best graphics of this game.
Ghost of Tsushima for PS5
A Samurai styled RPG (Role Playing Game) with a stunning graphics and the outstanding storyline is coming up with the name of Ghost of Tsushima. This game was first teased back at 2017, and at 2019 E3 the trailer and gameplay were launched. This one is a piece of art many players are waiting for.
- Feudal Japan setting is super cool.
- Swordplay looks amazing, many players do prefer swordplay than a gunfight.
- Authentic Japanese score will give you an extra feel.
- Cinematic presentation makes the game more intuitive.
- An exclusive for PlayStation only.
After the gameplay trailer launched, suddenly this game attracted a lot of attention towards it, but the game was announced for PS4 mainly, however when the PS5 news aroused, the developers of Ghost of Tsushima also turned to more agile towards the cross-gen compatibility. So, it has now been confirmed that this game is going to be launched on PS4 first but afterwards, with the release of PS5, the ghost of Tsushima will also be available for PS5 as well. The game is being developed by Sucker Punch Productions who previously developed the “Infamous” series.
Like I said about Cyberpunk 2077, the same stands for Ghost of Tsushima as well. As this game is very much Artwork and cinematic presentation dependent, the best of this game will be coming out with the best hardware only. So, it would be wise if you buy this game on PS5 instead of PS4, to enjoy the game at max graphics and performance. With Playstation 5 you will have guaranteed 4K 60 FPS and 8K 30 FPS performance. Also, this one is an exclusive PlayStation game, so if you own the game it will be a matter of pride for you as a console gamer.
God of War 2
Here comes one of the biggest PlayStation exclusive of all time, God of War. The God of War 2 (or whatever the name will be) has not been officially announced, but it has been spotted that the developers of Sony Santa Monica, was hiring for their God of war 2 projects through their career website back at the Q4 2018.
- The first instalment of God of war for PS4 was even better than the originals
- PlayStation Exclusive
- The immersive graphics will flourish along with the PS5 specs.
If you have played the God of War originals and the reboot version, then you know this for sure that Sony made the reboot version even better than the originals. In terms of gameplay, graphics, aesthetics, sensitivity, story presentation, everything was better with God of War reboot than the already awesome God of War original series.
When the God of War reboot on PS4 got that heartwarming received by the fans around the world, there part 2 is going to happen normally, and anyone can tell that. So yes, the God of War 2 is coming, and most probably it will be a mainstream release for PS5 users. The PS4 version for God of War 2 is still not confirmed.
God of War is going to feature best in the industry graphics and going to look awesome with 120Hz display support with 4K 60 FPS and even better in 8K 30 FPS. So, for the PlayStation fans and the God of War fans, this game can be a sole reason to buy a PS5 in the upcoming season. God of war 2 is something which is ought to be 10th gen, therefore if you are still thinking about PS5, it is recommended not to think anymore, and start saving for it.
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Final Fantasy is not loved by all kind of gamers, by there is a huge community, who do use PlayStation just to play this exclusive game year after year. The Square Enix president and CEO, Yosuke Matsuda, have officially announced about the launch of Final Fantasy XII Remake, so the JRPG game lovers are waiting impatiently since then.
- It is a remake of a god-tier JRPG
- 120Hz and 120 FPS gameplay guaranteed
- Perfectly used the Ray Tracing Buster
- Another PS5 exclusive
According to the official announcement this game is going to be a cross-gen game, so it will be supported on both the PS4 and PS5. But whether you have played the Final Fantasy VII on PS4, then playing the remake on the same console is just bizarre. As the remake game is meant to be more graphics enthusiast then playing the game with better hardware is recommended any day, hence PS5 is the way for you.
The PS4 version of the game will hit the market at 3rd week of March 2020 but the PS5 version will come up with the launch of the PS5 itself. One more update is there about the new engine of the game which is going to be Unreal Engine 4, so you can expect the maximum from the game along with PS5.
Also experiencing the legendary Final Fantasy VII on 4K 120 FPS 120 Hz is something which no Final Fantasy fan would want to miss, plus do not forget that Final Fantasy is a PlayStation exclusive.
The Elder Scrolls VI on PS5
This one is a legendary game, and I myself a big fan of the Elder Scrolls Series. Thus, when it comes to playing Elder Scrolls with intense graphics with 4K HD R and along with 60+FPS, then I would say Hell Yes.
- A new game engine is being used
- The performance is going to be so optimized that the developers are claiming it to PC-level gameplay experience
- The game is even more expanding, so it will be featuring a bigger map and many more interactions throughout the map.
Elder Scrolls VI has been claimed as one of the biggest launches for PS5 at the time of E3 2018. So, this game is going to be worth trying. But there is a point that Elder Scrolls is not an exclusive game, as it is going to be released for Windows PC, Mac PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo switch all the platforms. The game is being developed by their legacy developer Bethesda and going to be a big name on the 10th gen game list.
When Elder Scrolls VI was first teased at the time of E3 2018, they did not say anything about the PS5 launch, but when both of the 10th console’s release timings have been confirmed, there it can be easily deduced that the developers are making the changes to make this game also a 10th gen console supported.
So, with 10th gen consoles like Xbox series X or PS5, this game is going to provide you 4K 60 FPS gameplay, with the intense graphics. For best and optimum gameplay, the developers are suggesting this game should be played on a console rather than PC.
Yes, Spider-Man is coming again to web you up. This time it is meant for 10th gen gameplay mainly. So, playing Spider-Man on PS4 would be a waste of money and you would not get the same performance or experience as PS5 for sure.
- Till the date of Spider-Man games, this one is going to feature the biggest map.
- The gameplay is much smoother, and less complex this time. So, pulling off complex stunts using simple button mashing is going to be easier.
- Due to SSD optimization, this game is going to be a much responsive one this time.
- PlayStation exclusive
As this game is one of the most popular games around the world, and an exclusive one, this game has been always a pressure point on the players because of which they bought PlayStation. That pressure point is still on, and even this time Spider-Man 2 is going to be a PlayStation exclusive game. Actually Spider-Man 2 is going to be a PS5 game, but a PS4 version will also follow. However, playing a 10th gen game on a 9th gen console is not something I would suggest.
The largely non-interactable world of the primary game can be given an actual jolt, with the energy on tap in the PS5 allowing more NPCs, environmental information and, crucially, the capacity to visit each indoor and outdoor local without prolonged loading screens. It might be awfully exceptional to move to get shouted at by way of J. Jonah Jameson at The Daily Bugle, for example, while not having to take a seat via a humdrum you’re-going-inside-a-building transition.
The fact that Mark Cerny himself has confirmed that the brand new SSD within the PlayStation 5 allows the original Spider-Man to load 18-times faster than on PS4 also shows that the sequel would load, to begin with much faster, too, whilst the reality that greater in-game belongings will be addressed after which loaded much quicker manner than Spider-Man himself ought to be able to move via it quicker and at a smoother frame-rate as well.
Uncharted has always been a pinnacle at PlayStation’s library, as it is an exclusive to PlayStation, good story, cinematic gameplay, fun to play fun to watch a game. This time the story will continue from Cassie’s point of view where she picks up Nathan’s love for treasure hunting adventures. So yes, this game is going to be a sequel of Uncharted4: A Thief’s End.
- As per the Thief’s End epilogue, there were hints about there are more to come
- Epic graphics, special effects and cinematic action scenes would look jaw-dropping on PS5
- Would be PlayStation exclusive for sure.
Its developer, Naughty Dog, are currently working hard, and the game is not launched is soon, as the team is working on Last of Us 2, another PlayStation Exclusive. Uncharted 5 is reportedly to be launched at the end of 2021 or at the middle of 2022. Even the name of Uncharted 5 is not confirmed yet.
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
The legendary Lord of the Rings is getting another game from the German developers Daedalic Entertainment, which is going to named as lord of the Rings: Gollum and going to feature the legendary fictional character Gollum as the centre character of the game.
- Features the rich world of Lord of the Rings in an interactive way
- Going to be one of the best Action-Adventure games of the year
- A full-fledged RPG where your decision would impact the story-flow of the game directly
- Will uncover many other storylines related to Lord of the Rings world and novels which are not covered in movies.
It is not cleared yet that this game is going to be an instalment of Middle Earth series or not, which other franchises based on the same fictional world of the Lord of the Rings. The point is, this game is going to feature a kind of graphics which is going to be so serious that you would be needing a $2500 PC to play the game nicely. There you can grab a Console in a much cheaper price, even the 10th gen console, and can play the same game in 4K 60FPS. So, playing this kind of graphics immersive game on console is sometimes a better deal in terms of money and gaming experience. Yes, this one is not a console exclusive game, as it is going to release on Windows PC, Xbox and PlayStation, but no update for 9th gen console support yet.
Sniper Elite 5
The developer of the Sniper Elite series, Rebellion, has already announced they are working on the post-production of Sniper Elite 5. Sniper Elite is a good game, not a great one, but unlike me, you may be interested in Sniper Elite 5.
- The game is even better in terms of performance with the PS5 as it is going to be featured as a 10th gen game.
- This time the mission environments or the maps are going to be even bigger than last time.
- The audio system is fairly tweaked and upgraded, to make the player aware of the presence of the enemy nearby.
- This time the game comes with the 4K 60 FPS support, thanks to the 10th gen consoles.
- Not a console exclusive, but fans are going to try the same on consoles for sure.
GTA 6 (VI) for PS5
Yes, it is Grand Theft Auto or so-called as GTA, and this is the GTA VI this time. Many of the players stared gaming because of GTA. There are still many players who do play GTA regularly and they only play GTA over again and again. GTA probably has the largest fan base of all the games, and especially in RPG games, there is no doubt that GTA is The Most Popular game around the world around all community of gamers.
- Another huge new and epic map to discover
- Another new story and loads of adventures to experience
- One of the very few RPG which you will play 10 times before you get bored.
- The graphics are more immersive this time.
- A true 10th gen flagship game
- Launching just with the PS5 launch, so you can get a great bundle deal.
The developers are Rockstar Games, as GTA is their flagship game. This time they are working even harder to put a better storyline this time. Also, another multiplayer universe is going to be featured with this game. GTA will be followed by many other worth experiencing DLC after the launch of the game to take the story and the fun even further.
Like always GTA is not an exclusive game, but experiencing a game like GTA is worth it with consoles only. While it PS5 you are going to get the best gaming experience due to the optimization along with 4K 60+FPS gameplay. Though GTA is a very good choice for Xbox lovers as well.
Assassin’s Creed: Kingdom
Assassin’s Creed next instalment has been confirmed by multiple sources, even by Kotaku. This time Assassin’s Creed is going to feature the society of Vikings and the expectations are at highest peak already.
- The new world, new map, new adventures, new story, new uncoverings, new characters.
- Viking age settings and we all know that Assassin’s Creed is great at presenting any era and historical events.
- Great Naval combats are induced, this time the naval combats are going to be better than Black Flag
- They took the game 2 years two develop, so you can imagine how much hard work and new things have been induced in the game.
This time Assassin’s Creed is going to be even better than the last part as Assassin’s Creed Odyssey received mixed reviews. So, this time Ubisoft is not risking their brand name and flagship game’s future again. To get the best experience, of the game and to play this game at 4K 60 FPS in a cheap price, getting a 10th gen console like Xbox series X or PS5 is a better option than investing a fortune in a PC.
Other Games announced for PS5
- Dragon Age 4 has been announced and set to release in 2022, so not soon. BioWare is making the game. They also said it will be nothing like the previous editions, so the players can expect a lot of changes and new things from this game.
- Final Fantasy XIV has also been announced and set to release at 2021. This one is going to be an MMO game and is getting developed by Square Enix.
- League of Legends: Wild Drift with 100 million active players around the world on PC platform of this game, this time it comes to console at last. In the console, the matches will be shorter and faster. This time this game is not only made for a console but for mobile devices and Nintendo also. As the developers are on the verge to beat all the competitors in MOBA games around the world at all platforms.
Huge control shifts can be seen to be played on a streamlined control on consoles and mobiles. So, I do not expect much from the game, but there is a lot to discover about the console version of the game. The console gamers who have never tried MOBA games before, this the time for you to turn up. The launch will happen at Q3-Q4 2020.
- Dying Light 2 is another game which is going to be a survival-horror game and going to be released on Q4 2020, on all the platforms.