For every person who is either engaged in official work or is school going or studying in various higher institutions, it is of utmost importance that he/she should be proficient enough in English especially in grammar. Nowadays institutions are always on a hunt to reward the candidates based on their overall performance where grammar plays a very major role in deciding whether he/she is worthy or not. The world is continuously evolving and at this point to stay ahead, one must be proficient in every field. But if we look at real-life cases then we do make many mistakes while writing English and we have given it as a name of informal English which is not correct as we are hiding our mistakes by creating specific names for what we are saying. So, to eradicate this problem there is a wonderful web-based application in the market with the name Grammarly. It is an amazing application that helps in rectifying the mistakes that we do while writing something using the computer system. Some of its cool features and drawbacks are depicted below:
Pre Requisites Needed
- A working computer system.
- A good internet connection.
- Knowledge of how to work with MS Word or any word based related to service.
How to get started?
- Step1: To start using Grammarly just visit the official website which is grammarly.com and then it will ask you to create an account or sign in using your various options like Google account, Facebook, and Apple account. Just click on any preferred option you like and then you will land to the main page of Grammarly which contains various features by default for free users. One thing to note here is that this web-based service is also a Google Chrome extension and can be used in that way as well.
- Step2: Once you have landed on the main page of Grammarly it will open your account dashboard. Here there is an option of either uploading an existing document contained in your computer system or writing a fresh paragraph in the web-based paragraph writer of Grammarly. After you have uploaded or written your article in the Grammarly paragraph section it will ask various options as to how you want to decorate your paragraph as if you want to make it a descriptive story, formal paragraph, friendly one, etc.
- Step 3: After decorating your paragraph the inbuilt smart AI technique of Grammarly will automatically give you proper suggestions to use what word and where and will also help you in applying commas as and when required.
- Step 4: After the rectification of the paragraph is done you will be given scores based on the correctness, clarity, engagement, and delivery, and based on that a net score will be generated.
- Step 5: The last step is to save this edited paragraph in your system by downloading the same. Also, Grammarly saves a copy of the edited paragraph in its dashboard for future reviewing.
Although Grammarly provides users to rectify their mistakes there are limited features in the free version and therefore if you want to avail the full benefits then you will need the full version of this web service. The paid services come in 2 packages that are Premium and Business. The Premium package is further subdivided into 3 categories i.e., monthly $29.95/mo, quarterly $19.98/mo, and annually $11.66/mo. The Business package pricing is $12.50/mo/user. To see the full feature list you can visit the official website of Grammarly.
Being a Chrome extension there is also a feature that Grammarly provides that is it integrates with any web service where we are writing something and helps us solve our issues then and there.
By looking at the above-mentioned things, we can conclude that Grammarly is a very powerful tool for solving grammar-related issues and it can help create wonders for any working professional. Also the embedded Natural Language Processing it contains helps as a tech assistant and gives scores to our writing which is a very helpful thing to analyze our work and improve accordingly. The main drawback here is that the free version lacks many features and to get the same we need to upgrade our membership.
Pros and Cons
- Handy tool.
- Operating system is independent.
- Nice User Interface.
- Fast execution.
- Provides a feature to download our work in the local system.
- Provides scores based on our writing.
- Integrates with other web-based services.
- The free version lacks many features and therefore paid versions required.
Grammarly Review Ratings Freemium
We can conclude that Grammarly is a very powerful tool for solving grammar-related issues and it can help create wonders for any working professional. The main drawback here is that the free version lacks many features and to get the same we need to upgrade our membership.