If you want to embed a PDF file in WordPress Post or page but not want to add any other plugin. Then, here is the solution. Adding more and more plugins makes your website slow, however, we often required to embed or add the PDF file in our WordPress post, then why should, we compromise the speed.
By default, when you upload and add the PDF files from the Media section to WordPress post; it only embeds a PDF in your blog post and shows only the PDF file name along with a link. In case, if you just want to give a user the PDF file download capabilities then it is good but not if you want to show the PDF file in the post so that user can view and read it directly on your website without leaving it; that also decrease the bounce rate.
In this article, we will show you how to add a PDF viewer in WordPress without using any PDF embedder WordPress plugin.
Directly adding WordPress PDF Viewer is just like embedding the audio or video files, for example, YouTube.
Steps to Embed PDF files in WordPress post:
- Go to WordPress post where you want to add the PDF file to view.
- Now click on the Add Media button.
- Click on the Upload files Tab.
- Now again click on the Select file button to upload the PDF file.
- Select and upload your PDF file to WordPress media gallery.
- Once it uploads, come back to your blog post.
- Where you want to add the PDF file viewer click there and after that just click on the TEXT tab given on the right top side of your text editor.
- Inside the text editor just place the following code.
<embed src="https://ww.example.com/demo.pdf" type="application/pdf" width="774" height="774"></embed>
- Now click on the Add media, select the PDF file and copy its URL given on the right side.
- After copying the URL, just replace the https://ww.example.com/demo.pdf with your own pdf file.
- You can also increase or decrease the size of embedded pdf file by altering the value of Width and height attributes given in the code.
- Once you replaced the URL you will see you have successfully added the embedded PDF file viewer on WordPress post without any external plugin.
Screenshot for the above tutorial to get a clear idea, how to add PDF file viewer without a plugin
Step 1: Go to Media and Upload the PDF file.
Step 2: After uploading, just copy the URL of the PDF file and replace the: https://ww.example.com/demo.pdf in above give code with your own PDF file URL and that’s it; you are done!!
Embed PDF Viewer on WordPress Demo:
The above method may not work in the Microsoft edge browsers. In such a case, you can use the iframe code:
<iframe src=”https://www.how2shout.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/pdf-sample.pdf” width=”688″ height=”688″> </iframe>
Note: Change the pdf link with yours and in the Text tab of the editor same as mentioned above in this article…
I hope this article would help you in somehow if you get any problem while adding PDF file and viewing in WordPress post then please let us know, the comment box is all yours!!
You might also to know about:
- How to Link WordPress and Instagram Feeds
- Where is the Closing/Opening Body Tag in WordPress Situated?
- 6 Best Open source WordPress Alternatives CMS For Website and Blogging
- Leechblock alternative for Google Chrome to stop addictive websites access