Are you Vlogger, YouTuber or simple hobby musician and looking for a Mic? Then have a look at this review of AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133 maybe you find one you need.
Microphones play a significant role in our everyday lives, and as it is present within most devices out of the box, we don’t bother paying extra for a secondary microphone. But if you have some special prerequisites and the microphone on your mobile, camera, laptop don’t deliver the performance as per your requirement, it is a prudent opinion to spend extra and get a dedicated microphone.
If you are a Vlogger, online influencer or you need to go live oftentimes, or simply need to record videos with minimum distortion and best audio quality is something that you can compromise on, a dedicated microphone should come in handy.
Now that being said, I am using AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133 for nearly a month now and I have used it for a number of purposes from recording videos to make voice and video calls and also for the purpose of speech recognition. This helped me understand how the microphone performs for all the basic requirements, a user will need.
Just like every single time, I am here with a small review of the microphone. I will try to talk about all the single factors of the microphone to help you understand how it will work for you.
Without any further delay, let’s get started with the box contents, and then I will have a look at the features, pros, and cons of the microphone.
AVerMedia Mic 133 Review
There are a number of items that you can uncover inside the box. Let’s have a look at each of them.
- The AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133
- Furry Windscreen
- Suspension for the shock mount
- Metal stand
- Quick-start guide
- 4-pole to 3-pole 3.5 mm audio cable
- 3-pole to 3-pole 3.5 mm audio cable
- Carrying case
So, no complaints about the box contents. The box comes with every single item that you will ever need, to use the microphone for almost all requirements.
Live streamer Mic 133 Features:
Let’s have a look at the features of the AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133.
- The AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133 is a condenser microphone under the hood, which performs great under everyday situations.
- The frequency response of the product is 20 Hz to 16 kHz, and the impedance is 1.5 kOhm. The signal-to-noise ratio or SNR of the product is 60 dB at1 kHz. So, that is pretty much the technical specifications of the microphone.
- The dimensions of the microphone are 20.8×20.8×121 mm without the stand and 70×83.3×132.25 mm with the stand. The microphone weighs 30 grams.
- The output from the microphone can be obtained using a legacy 3.5 mm cable and jack, which is the standard mode of capturing output from most microphones.
- The microphone is compatible with cameras, laptops and computers, mobile phones, handycams, and all other devices that come with a 3.5 mm microphone jack.
So that is all about the features and specifications of the AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133. That is basically what you should know before getting this product.
AverMedia Microphone M133 Pictures
Mic 133 Pros:
Now, let’s have a look at the pros of the AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133 under different circumstances.
- The build quality is the first thing, which will fascinate you towards this microphone. The microphone comes in small cylindrical shape and you can keep up the microphone along with the stand, cables and the windscreen within the carrying case that comes with the microphone. The bag will not consume a lot of space in your travel or office bag, or whatever it may be, which makes the microphone, an easy-to-carry device.
- With the shock Mount provided by the company, the AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133 can easily be mounted on a DSLR camera selfie stick, Tripod stands in the most hassle-free way. Besides that, attaching the metal stand with the shock mount can even make the device sit on a desk with decent stability and it also looks stylish at the same time.
- I took the microphone outdoors, where there is a traffic sound, sounds of vehicles honking, hawkers shouting, and in the midst of that the microphone paid primacy to what I said in front of it. However, I was using the windscreen on top of the microphone and the performance was quite decent. So, the microphone can work perfectly if you are into making vlogs and is counting on the microphone for the purpose of video recording as a part of live streaming.
- I also used the microphone for the purpose of speech recognition and performance was pretty good, however, it is dependent on the software you are using for the purpose of speech synthesis. I used Dragon Naturally Speaking software, which is one of the leaders in speech recognition programs, and the microphone work flawlessly with that. However, I experienced a significant drop in the performance while using it with Google speech recognition system. I will not accuse the microphone for this. I think Google needs to work more with its speech recognition framework.
- If you are planning to use the microphone for the purpose of audio and video calling it will also work perfectly, just the same way it worked out for me. Even when there were strong winds rushing by, along with the sound of traffic, other people talking nearby, or simply in a noisy environment, in a nutshell, the microphone did good work to cancel out the unwanted noises obviously with the windscreen on top of it.
So that was all about the pros of the AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133. Yes, the microphone is worth going for and it will help you in recording even under the tough situations that most people come across.
Mic 133 Cons:
Now let’s have a look at the cons of the AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133. There aren’t many. However, you should know about them before you make your final decision about the microphone.
- As I already mentioned in the pros, the AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133 delivers a decent performance even in noisy environments. However, the performance was not up to the mark without the windscreen on top of it. Nevertheless, that isn’t it a deal-breaker if you carry the windscreen everywhere you go.
- Even though the AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133 does a good job by cancelling unwanted noises, with the windscreen on the product, there isn’t any active noise cancellation certification. This is something AVerMedia missed out on, but unless you are using the microphone extensively for the purpose of calling, I don’t think you should bother about it.
- The next part that I should mention is the price of the AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133. I think the product is a little overpriced and it can face strong competition from the other products that offer the same features but at a more affordable price. However, AVerMedia is a reputed brand, they are charging a premium for the product which shouldn’t be a deal-breaker if you are looking for great performance and don’t want to compromise on anything by choosing a different company.
So, that was all about the cons. I know, there are not many cons of the product.
I will definitely recommend the AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133. It is one of the best microphones that you can get in India, to say the least.
Though there isn’t any certified noise cancellation feature available with the microphone, it doesn’t mean the device cannot cancel noises out at all. However, I would say the device is pretty good at cancelling out unwanted noises and if you are looking for a microphone that is a jack of all trades, go for the product.
The cardioid pattern is by far the sole reason, it can easily keep away unwanted noises and offers decent audio. I know it is a little overpriced but paying a few more pennies for getting a product from a reputed company like AVerMedia, makes a lot of sense.
So that was all about the AVerMedia Live Streamer Mic 133 review. Do you have any questions or have anything to say? Feel free to comment on the same below.