Elementary OS, based on Ubuntu Linux is one of the easy to use, beginners friendly and also quite popular among netizens. Thus, if you are its user and want to run and explore other operating systems virtually on it, then Oracle VirtualBox on Elementary OS will be one of the best available options.
Here are the steps to install the latest version of VirtualBox on Elementary OS Linux.
- Go to your Elementary OS.
- Open Command terminal.
- Run system update command
sudo apt update
- Run the below command to install VirtualBox. Also, unlike other Linux OS, we don’t need to add any third-party repository to get VirtualBox packages, they are available in the official repository of the OS.
sudo apt install virtualbox
- Press Y and then Enter Key to give permission to download packages.
- Once done, go to Elementary OS Applications and type VirtualBox.
- When its icon appears, click to run it.
See the below screenshots to get an idea:
In the same way, we can also use the inbuilt AppCenter of the Elementary to search and install VBox graphically without using the command line terminal.
- How to install Virtualbox on Manjaro Linux latest version
- Install Stremio on Ubuntu 20.04 to Stream Shows, Movies, and Tv Series
- How to install Virtualbox on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed & Leap