Transfer Facebook Business Page to Another account
If you are an admin of some Facebook page and due to some reason want to transfer the ownership of your business page or personal page of a Facebook to someone else account then you are at right place. For example, you have a Facebook fan page of your blog or business which you sold to someone and no longer required its ownership. It is very common situation but lots of people don’t know how to give the control of page to some other FB account.
Changing the ownership of Facebook is not a difficult task but also not a slice of butter because you will not find any button or shortcut option to do this.
So, here is the simple process to transfer the ownership of the Facebook page to someone else account
Change Ownership of Facebook Business Page
Step 1: Admin of the Page or Group
To change the ownership of personal or business page of a Facebook account, you should have the admin access. However, if you have created that particular page then you have the admin rights by default.
Step 2: Understand and Access the Facebook Page Roles
1. First of all, open the Facebook page whose ownership you want to transfer to someone else account.
2. After visiting the Facebook Business Page, go to the setting option given at the top right side of your business page or group. For reference, please see the screenshot.
3. Under the Facebook page settings, you will find an option called “Page Roles” on the left side panel. Click on that.
4. From page roles settings, an option is given “Assign a New Page Role”. At the front of the box, you will find a drop-down option click on that. The Facebook offers multiple page roles with different capabilities such as Admin, Editor, Moderator, Advertiser, Analyst, and Live Contributor.
Admins have equal rights and ability like you have. They can delete any post, remove users, change rights, transfer the page roles, send messages, publish as the Page, delete comments on the Page, edit Instagram account details from the Page, assign Page roles and more…
Editors can publish and edit posts, delete the comment, view insight, edit Instagram details on or from the Facebook business page.
Advertisers have the access to manage the ads or campaign running on the behalf of your page on Facebook. Can see which admin created a post or comment, create ads and view insights.
Moderators can remove the comments, block the peoples those are abusive and can send a message to anyone on the behalf of your personal or business Facebook page. They can also send messages, manage comments, create ads, view insights and respond to Instagram comments from the Page.
Analysts are only able to analyze and see who posted on the page. Can see which admin created a post or comment and view insights.
Live Contributor: As we know that the Facebook has live video feature, so this page role allows a person to start live videos on your Facebook business page
Step 3: Assign the Admin role of Page to someone else Facebook account
In this step, we will invite someone or give Admin access of our Facebook page account to another account. For that select the Admin role and enter the email ID in the box associated with other person’s Facebook account whom you want to transfer the Facebook business page ownership. After entering the email ID, click on Add.
As soon as you click on Add button, the Facebook will ask for your Facebook account password, enter that and it will assign the Admin page role to that person whose email ID you have added.
To confirm, scroll down on the Page Roles page and you will find all the users with their assigned roles. For example, in the given screenshot you can see that we have added a new Facebook account (Rahul Chauhan) with an Admin role.
Step 4: Go to other Facebook Account
1. Now go to the other Facebook account whom you have assigned the Admin role in the above step to transfer the ownership of the Facebook page.
2. On the notification, you will see that the other person has successfully got the Admin right. For reference, see the screenshot.
3. Click on the arrow icon to access the page.
Select the Page to open and go to setting -> select the Page role option and scroll down.
4. At the bottom of the page roles that accessed from other Facebook account, you will see both admin accounts. Now remove yourself by click on edit and then remove, to transfer the ownership or rights of your Facebook business page to other person’s Facebook account.
So, in this way you can easily transfer the ownership or rights of Facebook Page or group to someone else account. If you have any questions or stuck somewhere while performing this tutorial, please let us know we will help. The comment box is all yours.