(Musical.ly) TikTok Review Free
User interface and features - 8/10
Video library and quality - 7.5/10
Privacy and security - 8/10
Video creation options - 8.5/10
User Review( votes)
Yes, TikTok is pretty good at entertaining you and bringing you back to life, if you are feeling monotonous. The cons aren’t deal breakers. TikTok is not the only entertainment app, the Google play store is full of them and some of them even better. Some Tiktok alternative apps are like Like, Flipagram, Cheez and more. However, TikTok is a free app and one can easily give it one chance. So, go and download TikTok, if you have some spare time.
More or less everybody is somewhat interested in social networking nowadays. When it comes to social networks, it is Facebook which first strikes our head. But social networks today is not limited only to Facebook. We also have a photo and video-based social networks like Instagram, and video only social network, where TikTok, formerly known as Musical.ly is one among them. Well, TikTok is a lot more than just a social network as you can even brush up your acting and dubbing skills with a gulp of fun. TikTok is quite popular among young people and seeing their immense interest in it, I tried TikTok for almost a month now, and just like every time, I came up with a small review of it. If you really have made up your mind of signing up for TikTok, my review will hardly change your decision. But I am doing my job so that you can better compare it with other video-based social networks to choose the most suitable one for you.
So let’s get started with the features, before discussing the pros and cons.
First things first. Let’s have a look at the features.
- Thousands of videos of different categories are available on the platform, making it the perfect entertainment platform for most people, who are used to Facebook.
- A lot of effects, filters, and other elements are available to create your own contents and share it on the platform to earn fame.
- Offers the ability to record videos with popular music and dialogues being played in the background for extra fun.
- Offers the ability to save the videos recorded, as drafts and upload other video contents from the local storage.
So those were the features.
Did TikTok kill Musical.ly dead?
Well, most Musical.ly fans might not know about what happened to Musical.ly. But TikTok is the new home for Musical.ly users and the contents that were on Musical.ly.
TikTok, an app by a Chinese company ByteDance absorbed Musical.ly and on updating the old Musical.ly app, the users can actually download the fresh new TikTok app. For Musical.ly users, TikTok is just the same with a new logo and a better user interface.
Just in case, the apps are not the same, TikTok is in some way or the other better than Musical.ly. All the users and their videos that were there on Musical.ly are still intact and live on the new TikTok platform.
How to install & use TikTok App (musically.ly)?
Just download TikTok from the Google Play Store or any other place as per your platform. You can get the Android and iPhone version with either by above-given link or directly from your respective store.
On opening the app for the first time you might come across a basic intro, which can also be skipped.
After that, videos will start playing and you can switch to the next or previous video by swiping up or down. Swipe left to find more video contents from the same creator.
To create your own content, you will first have to sign up for TikTok. You can do that by simply tapping on the ‘Profile’ tab on the down right corner of the app. You can sign up with your email ID or your social network credentials.
Once you are done signing up or signing in, just tap on the small ‘+’ button to create your own contents.
You will have to keep tapping on the ‘Record’ button as long as you are recording the video. Once you are done, release the button. You can select your preferred sound by tapping on the ‘Select sound’ option on the top. You can even select other effects and filters from the same place.
Now tap on the’✓’ button and then click on ‘Next’.
Now you can either save it as a draft or post it directly with hashtags and necessary details, which is optional.
Titok app (musically.ly) Pros:
Let’s have a look at the pros.
- Videos start playing on opening the app. No hassles of searching for videos. Just sit back, open TikTok, and see curated content from all over the world.
- Easy swipe gestures to move to the previous or next video or swipe left to visit the creator’s profile. This makes navigation really easy on TikTok, speaking from techy guy’s point of view.
- Ability to sign up on the platform using Facebook, Instagram, Email, mobile number. Signing up will give you additional options and you can get a personalized experience of TikTok by signing up.
- TikTok offers the option to search for videos on the platform using the dedicated ‘Search’ option located just beside the ‘Home’ button of the app. Users will be able to search for creators, sounds, hashtags or contents through this tool.
- A lot of choices are available for dubbing. From the most popular dialogues to trending music of different languages, there is hardly anything that isn’t covered by TikTok aka. Musical.ly. This makes TikTok the perfect destination to brush up your dubbing skills.
- There is also the option to add music from the handset’s local storage for dubbing. This can be helpful if your favorite music/dialogue is not available in the TikTok library.
- The filters library on TikTok is really big. A different variety of filters are available to suit you with the video you want to shoot.
- There are two sections in the TikTok app at the time of watching videos. You can either watch the videos handpicked by TikTok for you, and the other section is meant for watching videos from creators you follow. The ‘For you’ section, which handpicks videos on the basis of the user’s likeness is based on AI and works pretty well.
- There are a lot of options to keep the privacy of a user intact. There are options to block users, limit getting messages from followers only, stop people from doing a duet and everything else. This actually gives a lot of power to control the privacy in the hands of the user.
So those were the pros. Now the negative part. We will have a look at the cons.
Titok app (musically.ly) Cons:
Well, while reviewing something, a con is a part of it, however, I try not to give it. But TikTok being one of its kind platforms, chances are less, you will pay importance to the cons as very few of its alternatives are available at present. Well, let me do my job and write the cons. Yes, there are multiple places for improvements.
- TikTok offers a lot of videos from tons of creators across the globe. But there are some, where the background sound is not that important. I wish there was an option to mute the background sound after opening TikTok.
- There is the option to add music or simply sound from the TikTok’s library, but I wish there was the option to add music from a single or multiple streaming services. I know that isn’t easy. But if such a provision was there, users could have moved from listening to pirated tracks to get access to their favorite music in an ethical way from popular streaming services.
- It is pretty difficult these days to create video content from laptops or computers. It isn’t feasible as well. But I wish there was a web platform for users to view the contents, if not create them.
- There isn’t an option to record the videos through TikTok and share it on different other platforms without posting it. I wish there was an option to share the videos from drafts.
- I wish the time limit of a single video was a little higher. It is just 15 seconds now. I understand, such a time limit make the things better, but 20 seconds would have been better.
So those were the cons.
Wrapping up things
No. This might be a product, but for entertainment. Giving my verdict here will hardly make any sense. If you are looking for some entertainment after a hectic day at your office, TikTok is really going to relax your mind. Yes, TikTok is pretty good at entertaining you and bringing you back to life, if you are feeling monotonous. The cons aren’t deal breakers. TikTok is not the only entertainment app, the Google play store is full of them and some of them even better. Some Tiktok alternative apps are like Like, Flipagram, Cheez and more. However, TikTok is a free app and one can easily give it one chance. So, go and download TikTok, if you have some spare time.
Hope the review was helpful for you. Have questions or some suggestions? Feel free to comment it down below.
You might also like to see:
- Clash for Speed Game Review: Combat and racing in one title
- Download Instagram live videos and stories, without notifying the user or owner
- How to install/play PUBG Mobile on PC (Free): Windows, Mac or Linux
- How to hide Whatsapp chat without archive in GBwhatsApp: Android
- 8 Best Volume Control Apps & Widgets for Android
- How to make Timelapse videos on any Android Smartphone
- Top 5 Best Music identifier apps for Android, iPhone(iOS) and Windows